X

Speed shifting...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed shifting...

Who does it? all the time or only when your racing or riding hard?
    Only when Im racing or riding hard
    50.00%
    Sure I do it all time
    0.00%
    Not me, I always use the clutch
    50.00%
    What the heck is speed shifting
    0.00%

...or called clutchless shifting

Comment

I do it from time to time when I am riding hard. Most of the time I will do it when I am coming out of a corner.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I would say 90% of the time I do.

By the way is it bad for the bike?
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

ah, now the trick is, do you do it when your down shifting too?

Comment

What the heck is speed-shifting?
            I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
              ah, now the trick is, do you do it when your down shifting too?
              No just when I up shift I havent tried it when I downshift.
              PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
              The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

It is real hard on the bike on the down shift IMHO

I shift up clutchless all the time!!!! I haven't missed a gear in years, now I will tomorrow LMAO
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Usually I do it because one hand is playing with the radio ! Never between 1&2 though ! I do it on the downshift sometimes , too , but I can't always get it to go , so I don't force it .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I always use the clutch. I cant imagine a situation where I would need to do a clutchless shift.
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Only if im on the gas hard. I sometimes downshift clutchless, but only on a hard stop. I never force it, if it doesnt feel right I'll use the clutch.

Comment

I always use the clutch.

Comment

i always use the clutch as well... however, i will often just slip the clutch a bit to unload the gears instead of fully disengaging it... it doesnt take much, and there is no *clunk* or broken traction... i do not think i lose any time by doing this, but to me, there is no question that i am being easier on the driveline...
                          a

gather 'round, children

Comment

Yeah I always use the clutch, even if it is just a quick squeeze when I am hard on the gas. My bike is old, I am afraid of breaking it
                            95 kat 600. no longer purple

Comment

Don't do this too much 1-2 on a katana unless you dislike 2nd gear.

I do it all the time, up and down. Generally, when I am riding hard, and usually just for 3-4, 4-5 and 5-4, 4-3.

WWWAAAaaaa blippity blip blip wwWWAAAAAAAA
                              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              X