X

awww crap!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awww crap!

So today I go and pick up an oil filter, some oil and chain lube, and I am all set to get my bike out. So I go to start my bike to warm up the oil a bit before draining...and snap, there goes my choke cable. So trying to keep positive, I decide it is a good time to change my air filter while I have the fairings off....well, they just didn't want to come off. I had one bolt that would just spin so I had to drill it out. So let's just say that my plan to have my bike on the road tomorrow has just crapped out...and it is supposed to be georgeous. murphy's law I guess.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

You'll just appreciate it all the more when you're ready to go. Yeah, murphy's law just blows and always seems to happen when you least want it too.

Comment

Mojoe, I feel your pain.

It has been absolutley Beautiful here, and my bike still needs stuff done to it!!!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        Mojoe, I feel your pain.

It has been absolutley Beautiful here, and my bike still needs stuff done to it!!!
        i know what you mean..wait...no i don't. i've been riding the past couple days.....

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by Lou
          Mojoe, I feel your pain.

Iy just wasn't supposed to happen to this bike. This is my "ol' reliable" daily driver.

Comment

Great reason to get a new one....
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Well if it makes you guys feel better, I still have to swap the engine, change the swing arm, put on front brakes, front fender, fix some fairing, paint the whole bike, put on the gsxr rear shock, install the new foot pegs, replace the head light assembly, change the dog bones to the new chrome ones if i can ever get down to nashville to pick them up, find a 98+ rear wheel, put on the new front wheel, put rotors on that wheel, swap the guages, change the triple tree, change the gas tank, and if Jim ever decides to make them for the pre 98 600 put on a seat cowl.
              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

oops, forgot about the mirrors

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

just wondering, should I adjust the clutch when I get all this done? LOL

Comment

Try this, you finally get your bike back together after working on it all winter, it's a beautiful day, 75degrees, light wind, clouds here & there, you drive to the gas station & fill your 5 gallon gas can up, drive home & proceed to pour gas in the tank only to have it go right through the carbs, fill up the air box & pour out of the air box drain tube but this is not noticed until the battery is dead & you go to hook the battery charger up & that is when you notice the two foot by 3 foot puddle of 93 octane. By the time you drain the tank you have lost one gallon of gas & all you can do is stand there & think "WTF?!"

Now the good news is you have a 4x4 but no way to load the bike to take it to a mechanic to have them work on it because you are done with working on it but you also can't get the bike there because you are flat broke.

But hey, other than that my day sucked!
                    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Thank you GSX...I don't feel so bad now

Comment

You're welcome, glad I could make someone feel better.
                        I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I have to post here!!!

You could be in the same boat as me Bro. I am in Arizona getting ready to move to Ohio, where I am originally from. I am now a MMI grad and service technician but I rode all winter instead of being able to fix or replace anything. Now I have to back to Ohio in the prime of the season and do everything I put off so I could ride all year. Here is the list of things the bike needs done:
                          1-carb cleaning and sync
                          2-new throttle cable
                          3-Clutch cable
                          4-brake hoses(the originals are still on and dated 6/92)
                          5-15,000 mile service
                          6-valve adjustment
                          7-update to 98+ front rotors
                          8-chain
                          9-front and rear sprockets
                          10-topend gasket kit
                          11-repair right main fairing(let someone ride it that shouldn't have.
                          12-repair road rash from previous owner's lowside on left main fairing
                          13-take stock exhaust off for a Hindle system
                          14-jet carbs for pods and full exhaust system
                          15-paint all body panels
                          16-change clutches
                          17-call Jim for seat cowl and get it
                          18-find the money to get this all done
                          19-get all this done by the Deals Gap Rally
                          20-Hope Mojoe stops by on his trek through Ohio!!!!

I did get to ride all winter, YES, but I will not be able to do much riding all summer
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You should be able to get MOST of that stuff done in a weekend , minus of course the gasket kit and body work .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                              You should be able to get MOST of that stuff done in a weekend , minus of course the gasket kit and body work .
                              I know right,

But that cuts into ride time
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X