No announcement yet.
X

Getting it up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually VERY easy . If you can find someone to show you how to do it , you'll understand better than trying to read how to do it . You far away from Cincy ? Maybe we could all get together sometime if not ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

u'll be able to do it, and prety soon it'll be second nature. if u have to turn the handle bars to the left and then lift it up, go for it till u get the hand of it.

Comment

Using left foot step on the stand and pull back on the bike with the passenger handle well lift up just a bit both hand are at the back of the bike right foot just back by the back tire
        it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
        Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

I've been able get mine up with no problems, BUT
          the other day when I went to put her up on the centerstand I found it extremely difficult! Could'nt figure out why until it slapped me in the face, I had it in FIRST gear!!

Just to throw something a little different into the mix,
          make sure your bike isn't in gear.
          I had something witty to say but then I drank a beer....

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            your left hand should only be used for guidance the right hand should do most of the work.
            I disagree. If you do it correctly the down force of your foot on the centerstand can basically put the bike up by itself. your hands are more for guidance.
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Pretend that the goal is to push the stand through the ground and it will all come together.

Comment

One thing that no one mentioned that I find is critical is that the bike has to be upright when putting it on the centerstand. The first time I tried using the center stand I did it while the bike was on the kickstand. That meant that only one foot of the centerstand was contacting the ground. I could not get it on the centerstand that way. Now I step on the centerstand while the bike is on the kickstand. Then I lean the bike up. Once both of the centerstand feet are on the ground all it takes is a light tug on the passenger foot peg and the bike moves up on the centerstand.

Comment

I took that godforsaken thing off! All it did for me was add weight, and make me look like a moron when I dropped my bike away from me trying to get it on the stand. Now I pick up the back of the bike and kick jackstands under the swingarm when I need to work on it.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Seriously , it's REALLY easy once you figure it out , and it's NICE to have when your away from home and need to clean the chain or make adjustments to the wheel or something .

Comment

Guess I'll be trying this for the first time today.. needing a oil change.
                      hopefully she dont fall over.

Comment

Find a nice flat area to try it and if possible have a friend stand there. You can do it yourself, but having soemone there just in case makes it easier.

Comment

oh man that was not fun, after 5 minutes of trying i just 'got it'.

getting it down was easier.

i think i've got it totally figured out.

Comment

Easy now that you know how to do it , ain't it ? I think there's more of a chance of dropping it getting it DOWN again , though . I like to sit on the bike while getting it down again to make sure .

Comment

i agree less control going down then getting her up. If my short arse could get on the bike while on the centerstand that would work but nope keep the kickstand down, push her down leaning on the left and use it.
                              Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                                Easy now that you know how to do it , ain't it ? I think there's more of a chance of dropping it getting it DOWN again , though . I like to sit on the bike while getting it down again to make sure .
                                Thats exactly what i did after i let her run / checked the oil. I sat puzzled trying to figure out how to get it down then i was like GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS!!!!!

I just sat on it and pushed her forward real easy, popped right down!

Comment

Working...
                                X