X

Someone tell this Z28 not to race a bunch of bikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone tell this Z28 not to race a bunch of bikes

So last night, I was out and about with a couple of friends out riding. We pulled into the taco bell parking lot (where lots of bikes hang out on non-bike night nights), and there was about 60 bikes there. Well after a while, this punk in a z28 pulls up and is like "i want to race a 600". so after a while, my friend who was riding his F4i, decides, lets do it. so about 25-30 bikes head out to check out this race (40 mph roll on on the freeway). i just found it kinda cool there was a big group of bikes riding through campus. it was interesting, and a good time.

but back to the race....

the camaro kept up with the f4i. he said he was pushing about 450 horse with 600 lbs of torque. and that was "with a couple of bolt ons, and spray". he said he didn't have a turbo or super charger, but i think he's full of it. so moral of the story, if you have a beefed up z28, don't go up to a bunch of bikes and say "i want to race", because you will get spanked as he did.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

yeah, car verses bike is pretty much always gonna be bike.

Comment

What a moron. ANd you know he didn't learn his lesson!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

can't always be that cocky about bikes against cars. My camaro will smoke my kat now. when i put my new motor -1 383 stroker- I plan on goin out and findin me a faster 600 to race, expectin 500 hp 500 lbs torque and it will be dynoed when I am done.

Comment

Originally posted by smhholm
          can't always be that cocky about bikes against cars. My camaro will smoke my kat now. when i put my new motor -1 383 stroker- I plan on goin out and findin me a faster 600 to race, expectin 500 hp 500 lbs torque and it will be dynoed when I am done.
          yea, i'll give him props. he had a fast car. but anything bigger than a 600 and he's getting walked all over. hands down.

Comment

Do you think I can take Steve with a 383 fastburn in my 84 Chevy van with a paxton supercharger? Hmmm.

Unless you have alot of money in your car you won't be able to touch a bike!!! Especially 0-100!!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              Do you think I can take Steve with a 383 fastburn in my 84 Chevy van with a paxton supercharger? Hmmm.

Unless you have alot of money in your car you won't be able to touch a bike!!! Especially 0-100!!!
              i'm sorry i'm not very keen on chevy vans. whats a 383 fastburn? i take it some sort of motor...v8? personally, i would cry if i lost to a van

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT

500 hp 383, centerforce clutch, 5 speed, Aubern pro series limited slip diff with 4.10 s, BFG drag radials, batterie in trunk. That is the short list, really short.

Comment

I am not a big fan of vans but i gotta give you credit on that 383! is it a gm crate engine?

Comment

Yeah i just got a 350 in my camaro... you might take me in a race but I got you int he style and classic look deptment..
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                      Yeah i just got a 350 in my camaro... you might take me in a race but I got you int he style and classic look deptment..
                      What year?

Comment

i went to local drag races and saw a kawa zx-10 pull 11.7in 1/4mile. There was a 05 Corvette Z06 supercharged did 13.1 first run, lost raction and then did 11.5 second run. So there are some cars that can beat bikes. That day was mostly imports.I went just for fun.I hate imports. Gimme an american made muscle car that DOESNT have to take off bumpers and all its seats to get better times Anyway the faster time on those imports waa 11.5 in a CRX everyone else was 12+
                        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

What year?

'67 RS/SS
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

What year?

'67 RS/SS
                            sweet, my dad had a 69 RS/SS....it was awesome. he used to stick a dollar on the dash....25 years ago a dollar would buy a kid anything he wanted.... ....anyway....he would tell me if i could grap that dollar before it fell on the floor, i could have it. well, i would reach forward to grap it and he would mash the gas and i would be sucked into the seat. it was awesome. his was a 327 with a 4 speed. really nice, i miss it. his was red with a black stripe across the hood and and fenders.

www.vwvortex.com
                            I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                            Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

The zx 10 was a crappy rider. That bike should get low 9,s

I want the Rs SS. I had a 68 but sold it for first bike. I want another. That one was a basic 68. Nothing special.
                              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X