Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I am going to buy the Handy $100 stands any advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to buy the Handy $100 stands any advice?

First off, I know they are only $100 so I will not expect too much from then, but I hope they at least work. Anyone had any experience with these stands?

Secondly I checked their chart and they recomend both the rubber and the bobbin as a support. Ummm, that helped. Which should I get for my 1992 Kat 750?

Thanks guys!

Edit: I say this becuase I want it to work for my bike, but I also want to maximize the potential reuse of the stand on future sport bikes.

What stands are you talking about? The swingarm stand or the motorcycle jack? If your talking about swingarm stands you need the one that has the rubber lip that slips under the swingarm. post some pics and I can help you more, I'm not sure how to explain it but I can point out the one you need from pics.

Comment

A friend has them and the rear stand is rock solid. the front isn't quite as solid, but does work OK. You just have to be careful.

Mike
      '01 Bandit 1200
      '82 Yamaha XT250

Comment

I have them and they work alright. Can't beat the price. You probably want the ones with rubber supports.
        1994 Kawasaki ZX6E

Comment

I have them. Really like them. No problems.
          Bike is sold

Comment

Sweet thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

and here is the link

Comment

yeah those are nice, I haven't used the front stand, but we use the rear stands at work all the time they are great, you need the one with the rubber pads.

Comment

I am probably wrong but I was under the impression that you could not use handy the front stand on the Kats because our fork legs are not the same length.

I've used the rearstand before and it did just fine.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Wow I went to that site...It kind of looks like Harbor Freight type stuff...cool....
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                    I am probably wrong but I was under the impression that you could not use handy the front stand on the Kats because our fork legs are not the same length.

As long as they terminate at the same height from the gound it should be OK. BTW, what are you talking about? I wasn't aware that the forks were not the same length.. Seems like that would be an engineering nightmare if the difference is above the axle bolts.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting these as well. Just wasn't sure of the quality of them since they are only $100 for the set. But, seems that quite a few of you have used them and have had no problems with them. Might be a good investment.
                      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
                        As long as they terminate at the same height from the gound it should be OK. BTW, what are you talking about? I wasn't aware that the forks were not the same length.. Seems like that would be an engineering nightmare if the difference is above the axle bolts.
                        At least on pre98's, look at the bottom of your forks from straight on. The left (speedo side) leg is slightly longer. It is a clamp that I'm assuming is designed to keep your axle from spinning. Don't know if it is the same 98+ or not.
                        Does anyone know, are the Handy front stands individually legs adjustable, i.e can you compensate for the difference in length?
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

stands cost that much!!! Man I need to start building them for others. Mine cost me 5 bux. and some labor.
                          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

My roomate has a set for his cbr. The frontstand does not work with the kat forks. Also The rear stand failed while my bike was on it. The adjusting bolt screws into a nut that is tack welded on the stand. That nut broke off the stand while I was working on my bike. Luckily the engine was out of the frame so I was able to stop my kat from falling. I would consider buying a different set of stands. IMHO they suck. or maybe I'm just bitter because it broke while my bike was on it.
                            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim

Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                              X