X

Taller Windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taller Windscreen?

I'm considering replacing the stock windscreen, and was wondering if anyone has something slightly taller than the OEM screen on their Kat. Just exploring the possibility of a little more wind protection. I'm 5'11 and the blast is by no means extreme, but the wind does hit my upper chest and head just a bit.

Also, I've seen some screens with a "lip" at the top, that look like they deflect the wind and look cool too.

Anyone have a taller screen, or know where to get them for 98+?

TIA 8)
    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

i think the lockhart phillips screens have a little bit of a lip and are a little taller. try checking those out.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

are you leaning over enough? I am 6 feet and i find that if i lean down more on the freeways the wind has very littel affect on me and going 80MPH or so.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I try to lean as little as possible, that's why I bought the Kat

I have experiemented with leaning over, laying on the tank / tucking etc. I prefer to sit more upright. Screens are so cheap I figured I'd try one out.
        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

you still need to lean a little to deflect the wind, even on a kat.
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

maybe you could jimmy rig one off a harley or something?
            if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

One of the few times in life that being under 6' tall is an advatage but i always tuck down, out on the highways.

Comment

Re: Taller Windscreen?

Originally posted by Macka
                I'm considering replacing the stock windscreen, and was wondering if anyone has something slightly taller than the OEM screen on their Kat. Just exploring the possibility of a little more wind protection. I'm 5'11 and the blast is by no means extreme, but the wind does hit my upper chest and head just a bit.

Also, I've seen some screens with a "lip" at the top, that look like they deflect the wind and look cool too.

TIA 8)
                Here's one I had on my old Kat and a link to buy one:
                http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/CHEETAH_SS...8-05_DARK_.htm
                http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/CHEETAH_SS...-04_LIGHT_.htm
                I loved mine, at 6'3" I didn't have to lean over AT ALL the wind stream went just above my helmet when cruising the highway.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!!

Comment

Re: Taller Windscreen?

Originally posted by chriskatana
                    Originally posted by Macka

TIA 8)
                    Here's one I had on my old Kat and a link to buy one:
                    http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/CHEETAH_SS...8-05_DARK_.htm
                    http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/CHEETAH_SS...-04_LIGHT_.htm
                    I loved mine, at 6'3" I didn't have to lean over AT ALL the wind stream went just above my helmet when cruising the highway.
                    Awsome! that's exactly what I've been looking for for quite some time now. I just ordered one, hope it works out

Comment

Let me know how you like it once you get it and try it out!

Comment

I ended up ordering a MRA windscreen with a lip. The lochart one is discontinued. Much perferred over the stock windscreen.
                        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Now if only us pre98'ers could find one of those ...
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X