No announcement yet.
X

Anybody interested in cheap insurance..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody interested in cheap insurance..

I am 23 with 8 months riding experience, no tickets, no accidents, a 1990 600 kat and Geico quoted me for $87 down and $36 a month, thats liability and theft. I am pretty happy about that since progessive quoted me for $287 down and $148 a month. "PROGRESSIVE "
    sigpic
    Sgt of Marines
    2003 GSX-R 600

I pay $49 a month through progressive. that's full coverage including theft because my bike isn't in a garage. I checked with Geico and they quoted me $282 for the year. Wouldn't even do monthly because of the low price. However, I'm getting a bit higher price from Progressive because my credit sucks.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
      I pay $49 a month through progressive. that's full coverage including theft because my bike isn't in a garage. I checked with Geico and they quoted me $282 for the year. Wouldn't even do monthly because of the low price. However, I'm getting a bit higher price from Progressive because my credit sucks.

Im Jealous. Im paying $950 a year for full coverage and that is froma cheap provider. If I wanted to go with Geico or Prograssive it would cost me over $1500 a year for full coverage.

Josh

Comment

I'm also 30and married with 2 kids. That helps the insurance rate just a little bit.
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I'm 19, have 1 speeding ticket 2 years ago and I pay $460 per year through state farm for full coverage, $250 comprehensive and $250 collision. I also have my truck insurance through them. Progressive wanted around $1600 per year for my bike, f that

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

I'm putting ALL you guys on my "ignore list"

I pay $1500 per year, and thats GOOD for Onterible

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
              I'm putting ALL you guys on my "ignore list"

I pay $1500 per year, and thats GOOD for Onterible
              Yeah, but that's what? $15 USD?

I just looked up the conversion. That's about $1573 in the US. That still sucks.
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

$530 a year here... 20 years old, 1 speeding ticket.

That's Progressive, that's for $250 deductable Comprehensive and Liability.. no collision.

Brian.. how the HELL did you get such a low rate? Where do you live, Utah?

Comment

I'm in Oregon. I'm not sure why State Farm was so much cheaper, I have a policy with them for my truck so that should help a little bit but other than that I'm not sure. Everywhere else I looked (geico, progressive) all wanted more than $1500 per year for similar coverage.

2002 Katana 600
                  1999 Ford F150

Comment

What's this insurance you speak of?
                    97 GSX600F
                    76 CB750F
                    71 CB175

Comment

I'm 35, no tickets. The 91 Kat 600 , liability with comp, no collision. $100 deductible on comp. (Theft, fire etc). Progressive is $270 ish a year.

Comment

30 with no tickets, few kids, some cars, jewelry policy, house and I pay $14 per month with my wife and myself on the bike policy. $250 deductible, full coverage and 250,000 medical per person.
                        Bling....

Comment

I went with State Farm for my bikes. They are about 35 per month (each) It would be cheaper but I went with 100k in medical as well as full coverage (since it is not paid for yet.)
                          i have had good luck with them in the past and when I compared what I pay for what I get it is about on par with the cheap ones.
                          (32 married 2 kids helps also)
                          A neat thing about them is they figure rates based on engine size alone, provided the model does not have a'R' on it. My 750Kat is the same per month as my wifes 750 Shadow Spirit. When I was looking at bikes the 750 Kat was cheaper to insure than the 900 Vulcan. They said the Vulcans bigger engine made it faster.

Comment

$178 for the year with the most basic low end insurance progressive offered on my 97 kat 600. 28, no tickets in the past 3 years.

Comment

Well im getting the worst of it.. I pay $200 a month for full coverage.. 17 1 speeding ticket go through american family and they say it is a sport bike kuz it has a "stream line" aero dynamics.. i got a quote online from progressive and they quoted me for $78 a month... so this spring thats where ill go forsure

Comment

Working...
                              X