X

HELP!! maybe trading tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! maybe trading tomorrow

Thinking of a trade. I currently own a 2005 Suzuki C50 boulevard. I bought this thinking my wife would ride it with me and enjoy it. She has repeatedly told me she is not going to ride. So she told me to go trade and get what I want. Since this was my first cruiser, I think I am going back to a sport bike. I am an experienced rider. I have owned several bikes (1990 hurricane, 1994 Yamaha FZR600, CBR900RR, CBR 600F2). As I am a little older I am considering another 600 cause I am not looking for setting any speed records. I have narrowed it down to two choices. My dealer has quoted me My C50 and $650.00 for a 2005 Katana 600 or $1400.00 for a Kawasaki ZZR600. I like the looks of the headlights on the ZZR better but the katana is more comfortable and I love having a gas gauge. I will primarly be using this to commute 15 miles one way to and from work and weekend rides, round 150 to 200 miles at a time. I know the ZZR is faster but as I said before I have already been down a few times due to speed and can't afford to be out of work for an accident. On the other hand I want some power to run 70 to 80 on interstate and not just get totally left behind on rides. any suggestions please. Also my C50 is paid for so the prices above include tax and that is all I'll be out of pocket. Also they both are 15 to 20 dollars cheaper on insuance a month.

Well what's the price on a 750 Kat? The Kat will be comfortable and it seems you want a bit more power than the 600 so why not look at a 750? I think the Kawi is Fuel Injected...I kinda like that but for comfort can't go wrong with a Kat...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I don't know about the 600 But I have a 2000 750, I have no problem going 80+ on the highway. If you are looking for a bike for 150 to 200 mile rides you can't go wrong with the Kat

Comment

I love my 2000, 600. She runs 80 on the freeway no sweat. And I wouldnt have a bike that didnt have a fuel guage.
        2000 Kat 600
        "Fast Blue"
        Pic in Profile

Comment

wats wrong with not having a fuel guage? I havnt had one in a few years.
          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I don't know where you live, but if you live somewhere that gets hot, take the Katana for comfort -- no radiator fans (no water cooling) means not being bathed by the heat pouring off them when they kick on...

The Kat 600 will readily do 120, can be pushed to 135, so I doubt you're going to worry about the speed end of things based on your statements. The Kat's also the more comfortable choice out of the two, although the ZZR is faster, more nimble and less likely to take as heavy a depreciation hit over a three year time-frame if properly maintained (both will take heavy depreciation hits in the first year).

Are you 100% certain you want to go brand new?

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Go with the comfort 8)
              Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Cant go wrong w/ the Kat.. period. Does everything well. That being said, I have a friend w/ a ZZR 600, he bought last year, he loves it. Very comfortable and quick, dual exhaust. I rode it once, it was an overall very nice bike, and I had no real complaints to speak of.

Comment

if it is going to be a daily commuter and occassional tourer, definitely look into the 750. Higher riding position, and slightly more power. Good luck with whichever you choose , and welcome to KR
                  Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                  Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Go with hte kat. I ride about 50 miles to work each day and the katan is really comfortable on longer rides. It will cruise at 90 no problem and since you are an experienced rider you will have no problem keeping up on rides with your buddies. I am not and i still keep up with my friend who has an 03 R1.

Comment

Well, I traded today. My dealer only had a red Katana 600 in stock. He was pushing the blue one in back to get ready for a customer to pick up as I walked in. So we go to hunting. During this he mentioned the Kat 750 for only $400.00 more I could get it. So we made the deal. It should be in around noon tomorrow. Will pick it up then if this darn weather will hold out, been storming all day and night. Anyway thanks for your input. I hope and think I will enjoy the Kat for long time.

Comment

Congrats on your new ride
                        Kyle

Comment

Congrats on your new ride,You won't regret it,And welcome to katriders!
                          97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Welcome-and post a picture for us!

Comment

good choice congrats
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X