X

Is it possible to Endo on a Katana???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to Endo on a Katana???

Ok now that we covered the Wheelie discussion to death...I thought it would only be fair to cover the other side...

Endo's....nowI don't want to know how to do them because I don't stunt...at least yet...but I wanted to know does it affect the engine the same way as a wheelie?? In other words having the oil go to the front of the pan instead of the back of the pan..

I assume you put extreme pressure on the forks so probably re-enforcing the front forks with a heavy duty mod would be in order.

So now go ahead and flame away.....
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

I need to get into the fork seal buisness.

Comment

Yes, there is a certain member here that rides a yellow kat, from Mississippi that can Endo his.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

First day riding a motorcycle I accidentally Endo'd. Damn my good front brakes.

Comment

it's easier to endo than wheelie on a kat. but that doesnt mean its any safer. but ya, your fork seal will go to hell. lol
          Hello World.

Comment

Its not like the fork seals are all THAT expensive!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

^only squids say that lou
              Hello World.

Comment

Lou, who is this mississippi rider you speak of?
                I say nope,absolutely not, can't be done!
                "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

Note thurockk's profile pic if you didn't catch that was sarcasm on his part...

Yes, it can be done. Lord knows I've done it by accident when I first got the bike and again intentionally shortly after installing HH-compound brake pads.

On the other hand, Malloc appearantly can't do it (his front turned under him when he endo'd by panic reaction a couple weeks back). It's not something to do intentionally in traffic, that's for sure...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by thurockk
                    Lou, who is this mississippi rider you speak of?
                    I say nope,absolutely not, can't be done!
                    I'm with you, it just can't be accomplished on a Kat
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

It's not the endo, it's the crunch sound it makes when you come back down.

Enjoy replacing your fork seals, head bearings, cupped front tire, rear shock and rear wheel bearings.

I feel the need to insert my all time favorite line from Jurassic Park......
                      "yeah but they were so worried about whether or not they could nobody ever thought to ask whether or not they should"
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Now i dont want to do this any time soon but I wouldn't mind hearing of how one can pull this off?
                        Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by escahoe
                          Now i dont want to do this any time soon but I wouldn't mind hearing of how one can pull this off?
                          Get moving. Squeeze the front brake hard. A bit harder, so the back starts to come up. Now edge back enough on the brake lever that you don't flip over, but keep the friction level at a point where the back stays up and the front wheel doesn't bind fully. Balance, and make sure you set it back down before you come to a full stop or you're apt to drop the bike in a most spectacularly embarrasing manner...
                          Oh, and whatever you do, keep the wheel and the rest of the bike straight to your direction of travel. Failing to do so is a definite recipe for disaster!

PS - this is best practiced on something far lighter and less like to get damages if dropped (than a Katana).

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I did one by accident once.. scared me at first,till I realized what I did, then I was like YES!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the only time I've done a stoppie on my Kat. Ive dont it many times on previous bikes, but I gotta take care of this beast, it took me way too long to get it.

Comment

I have D205's and non-HH brake pads, and I have never managed to do so....

I have; however, locked the front tire. Nothing will clear the old sinuses quite the way a skidding front tire will.

If your front tire does not bite, it will skid. Once it skids, it may very well turn and tuck under. At this point you will be very close to the crash. You will need to release the front brake and straighten the front tire. If you do not, you will be on the ground.

As with doing wheelies on a katana, it is harder and may require some modification to the bike. If you are really determined, I would get some very agressive sport rubber for the front end, diablos, pilot sports, etc. Make sure the tire is very warm. Be sure to have a clean and dry surface. Install HH brake pads and SS brake lines. Go about 50mph, progressively apply the front brake until the rear comes up.

Good luck... you may want to price fairings before you do this too much...
                              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              X