No announcement yet.
X

Is it possible to Endo on a Katana???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be done and if you want to try it on a Katana all I could suggest is that you remove the fairings so that they do not get damaged if you drop it
    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Yeha pulling hard ont he front brakes = one of two things.. stoppie or tire skid.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I will tell ya this, it is not like pulling a wheelie. If you give a little too much gas on a wheelie, covering the rear brake can save your butt. If you give a little too much front brake trying to do a stoppie, then you can kiss your butt goodbye.
        "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
        -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
        -DMX

Comment

I can do it on my Kat. Just not as well as some Gixer riding old squid that I know. I like beating my suspension around corners not slamming it on the road.
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane

I have; however, locked the front tire. Nothing will clear the old sinuses quite the way a skidding front tire will.

Agreed, I managed to do it uphill too. I think speed might have been a factor.

Comment

try practicing on a bicycle first so you could get the feel of it. cuz when you're on a motorcycle, 1 inch feels like 5 feet! careful
              Hello World.

Comment

You can't be talking about me BearKat!!!! Seems to me, there is a young squid that likes to do power wheelies on his stealth Kat!!!

You can do them but ya better have a rear suspension that's in good shape. I don't do wheelies as you lose too much speed with the front wheel in the air. Stoppies on the other hand..well, you ARE coming to a stop!!!!
                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                MoPowerSports.com
                Torco
                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I always thought an endo is what happens once you go to far and flip. as in, the "end" goes "o"ver the handle bars. At least, thats how it is in mountain biking. And in that sense, I have endowed, plenty of times (most of the time do to a tree trunk, cliff like aparatus, or steep hill. And yes, I have pictures. Hit a tree doing about 20 that way. Cracked my helmet clear in half, lol. So, uh, no, I can't do a stoppie.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                    First day riding a motorcycle I accidentally Endo'd. Damn my good front brakes.
                    Thats the same thing i did but it wasnt my first time riding i was just careless after a replaced my brakes and flushed my lines didnt relize how much differance there would be, hope to never do it again on a Kat
                    The Katana's Big Brother
                    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Working...
                    X