X

best way to lock up helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to lock up helmet?

whats the best way to lock up a helmet on a pre 98 kat?

Well, if you unlock the seat and take it off, there are hooks on either side of the battery for your helmet straps. Then just put the seat back on and their locked on there.

Best way though is to take your helmet with you.

Comment

yea i soppose... how commen is helmet theft?

Comment

I havent really heard of a lot of it around here, I guess it all depends on the area.
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Or you could run a cable lock through the helmet and grab bar . Some thieves would just cut the strap off the helmet to get it and replace it with one of those quick-disconnect things . Never really heard of it around here , though .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

if someone steals my helmet, that just gives me an excuse to get upset, and then go buy a cooler one
            if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

strangely enough, for all the lids you see just sitting on mirrors, or on someones seat..u dont hear much of that theft around here either..however that still doesnt instill enuff confidence for me to not carry it along.

Plus is a good conversation starter when other bikers in a bar,restaurant, or wherever you may be.

Comment

back about 10 years ago I had mine stolen. A $500 Arai. I only had it a week and stopped to get gas in my little "one general store" town. I was in the store maybe 10 minutes picking up stuff and waiting in line. When I went out, it was gone. I was soooo pissed.
                I lock mine with the hooks under the seat, but as md86 said, even that is not a garantee. If I was a thief, I would not cut the strap. Give me a screwdrive and I can have pretty much any seat off in under a minute.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

If a theaf wants your helmit he wil get it no mater what you do. all locks do is keep honest people honest anyway.
                  PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                  The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Check speedwerks April specials in members store, They have some helmet locks!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I'd say your best bet is just carry it with you, I worry about people messing with my bike all the time since Im in college, so when I carry my helmet with me its just one less thing to worry about.

Comment

I think it really depends on the area your in. I usually take my helmet with, or I'll lock it to under the seat hook.

Corey's got a point though, the locks only keep the honest and lazy theives away.

I suppose you could just tie me to the bike, and I could watch over the helmet...
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I personally carry mine with me.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

if I am just running inside for lunch or I wont be gone for long I will hang it on my mirror but if i am going to be in for more than halph an hour I will take it with me.
                            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              I suppose you could just tie me to the bike, and I could watch over the helmet...
                              now there's a watch dog that could scare away anybody!!

Comment

Working...
                              X