X

0 to 60; quarter mile?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
    we need to do a KR track day at some point and see what all of our times are!!
    Please don't call a drag strip a track.
    -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
      Originally posted by Need4Speed750
      we need to do a KR track day at some point and see what all of our times are!!
      Please don't call a drag strip a track.
      sigpic

Comment

See Below........
        '07 SV1000S
        Power Commander III USB
        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
        Driven 520 chain kit
        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
          this is with my 89 750 wit hstage 1 jet kit and full exhaust, i weigh 135
          rt =949 ? wtf - you fall asleep ?

tim

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good discussion. Looks like I guessed the quarter mile speed about right but underestimated how quickly the Kat would do it. I thought high 13's, or 14 flat. Looks like some are breaking into the 12's. That's quick for a bike that isn't designed for drag racing. Its nice to know that I can probable out drag a new Mustang GT, a car I've dreamed of having. 13.9 and 100 mph for the 12/04 tested Mustang.

I've always been facinated with acceleration statistics of cars, and Road and Track magazine is full of them. I remember in 1976, I think, that magazine did a test of an FI Ferrari which did the quarter in 9 flat at 159 mph. The next month they tested a turbo Carrera Porsche race car. The Porsche did 8.9 seconds at 160 mph, yet as I recall, the "zero to" times for the Porsche were all slower than the Ferrari until about 150 mph.

I used to lay awake at night trying to understand how this was possible. That turbo engine could accomplish marvelous things in the final 10 mph of speed, it seemed. About 10 years later, I read in the magazine's letters column that the Ferrari was wheel standing and the motionless front tires which had the recording equipment "hit the ground running" at about 30 mph. Thus the 0 to 30 was almost instantaneous, and all the other times inaccurate. Other people remembered that test 10 years later.

Comment

Actually it is more designed for the drag strip than a Gixxer, due to it's length.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I found these on 750's just now

GSX750FK 1989 138.2=Top Speed [email protected] 1/4 Mile
                GSX750FN 1992 144=Top Speed [email protected]
                GSX750FR 1994 139.5=Top Speed [email protected]

and according to

they tested the Katana 750 to run [email protected] and 0-60 3.52 sec

I'd like to run mine at the track, just to see though.

Comment

Originally posted by trinc

tim
                  actually that was my FIRST pass ever, infront of a crowd of 500ppl so if you can do better then that your first time at the line go for it cuz thats the best i could do i can scan my others that im in 2 in the 5's and the rest are mid 6 to low 7

Comment

.949 reaction time, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

theres no reason why a kat 750 cant cut a mid to high 11. but im not going to debate that... im heading for the 9's with my kat

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                        theres no reason why a kat 750 cant cut a mid to high 11. but im not going to debate that... im heading for the 9's with my kat

cheers.joe.
                        I am really wondering mhat mine is going to pull with the 1127 engine. After all is broke in, I may take it down to the speedway and run it on the quarter to see.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

tim
                          actually that was my FIRST pass ever, infront of a crowd of 500ppl so if you can do better then that your first time at the line go for it cuz thats the best i could do i can scan my others that im in 2 in the 5's and the rest are mid 6 to low 7
                          Stage Fright?

Comment

tim
                            it takes time ( no pun ) to learn the lights - but more important is to get the bike rolling a bit then pin the throttle.

- if you are bothered by the crowd then you're not focused on the run
                            tim

Comment

well it wasnt that, up were we drag the bikes go after the pro street guys, with the big tubbed out nova's and the parachute cars, so the put down pine tar, thus mean you STICK to the ground, your shoes, your tires anytyhing so you get a lil nervious, and my thing is ive had some good lights its just i bog it buti talked to t hom on hte phone yesterday morn, and im thinking of starting out in second like he said so well get some new slips up there this summer if i can get my p.o.s. bike running

Comment

Originally posted by mattydb
                                I found these on 750's just now

GSX750FK 1989 138.2=Top Speed [email protected] 1/4 Mile
                                GSX750FN 1992 144=Top Speed [email protected]
                                GSX750FR 1994 139.5=Top Speed [email protected]

and according to

they tested the Katana 750 to run [email protected] and 0-60 3.52 sec

I'd like to run mine at the track, just to see though
                                Exactly, I'd do it as well, but since I cant make it to the track in the near future right now, I'll just use my stopwatch

Comment

Working...
                                X