X

Transition From Small cruiser to kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition From Small cruiser to kat

I have a friend that wants to make the transistion from a Honda Rebel 250 to a 2003 Katana 600. He has 2 years of riding expierence. I told him that the transition should go just fine. Is my judgement correct on this? I made the transistion from a small cruiser to a bit larger cruiser to a Sportbike a long time ago and it was not all that hard for me, so i am assuming the same for him

as long as he/she is comfortable with the size of the katana, like he/she can tuch well, it should be fine thats the only thing i see that could be a prob, but other then that, he/she must recognize the power of the kat lol

Comment

i'd say 2 years is plenty of time to consider a bigger bike, as long as the are no physical size issues, i.e. touching the ground, a 600 Kat would be a fine choice.

Comment

He will be totally fine. I started off with the Katana and I am still riding it over 2 years later.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Heck yeah, starting out on in the sportbike world w/ a 600 kat is a great idea, and heck, he may be like so many others and stick w/ it for a long long time. It's all really up the individual rider and if they are comfortable w/ the transition, then go for it.

Comment

Well he is a good sized fellow, he looked so funny on the rebel It didnt fit him all that well he is 6,1 190 lbs

Hijacking my own thread, I had painted my katana and the next day someone offered me more money than i had in it, so i had to take them up on the offer, i found a 99 katana with 1200 miles itfor 3000, Sounds like a okie deal to me, so i imagine i shall be going to pick it up tommorow, What do you guys think?

Comment

Show me the MONEY!!!!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by gsxkatana600
                Well he is a good sized fellow, he looked so funny on the rebel It didnt fit him all that well he is 6,1 190 lbs

Hijacking my own thread, I had painted my katana and the next day someone offered me more money than i had in it, so i had to take them up on the offer, i found a 99 katana with 1200 miles itfor 3000, Sounds like a okie deal to me, so i imagine i shall be going to pick it up tommorow, What do you guys think?
                I started out on a rebel 250, then a 450.. yeah it'll be quite a difference and take some getting used to for sure, but shouldnt be much of an issue.

Swapping out a Kat for a Kat..nothing wrong there.. but...

Comment

I'd say the only thing He'll need to adjust to is the complete difference in riding position, once he get's past that he'll be set.
                  Kyle

Comment

I went form a 750 Virago to a 750 Kat , and that was a HUGE diffence ! I'd have to say it's up to the person . Some can take the transition well , some can't , as with anything else in life .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Youbetch!
                      Tell him to bring it in here!

Comment

yeah I cant see any problems with that
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I rode a vulcan 500 for one season, then bought my Kat 750. A step up in performance, and a different riding position, but the change wasn't too extreme.
                          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Working...
                          X