X

My first wheelie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first wheelie

pulled my first wheelie today with my bro. I guess that answers the question "can i wheelie my kat?", i read from someone on here that the easiest way on a 750 is to try and get a spring effect going and then just slam on the throttle and it should come up, i tried that a couple times and it wasn't happening. so i talked to my bro and figured i'd clutch it.

so, i pull the clutch in and rev to about 6-7k and then let the clutch out and then give more throttle and she'll come right up. did a couple and it's pretty exhilirating. the trick is giving it 100% throttle after u let the clutch out.

now to figure out how to sustain it longer :P

thats me:
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

Nice vid, try wearing some leathers next time (you will really regret it if you crash!).

Now, just a clue...wheelies=replacing fork seals. The kat is heavy.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Get gear! Bikes are easily replaceable -- skin isn't.

At least you landed it nicely. I've seen 98+ kats have the whole front end slam away on a bad landing (headlights, instruments, instrument surround, front end of fairing around/between the headlights & instruments).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just be careful bud hate too see a droped my bike thread in a few days heh. It always bites ya when ya show off, so only do them by yourself:P lol
        !This Space For Rent!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
          Nice vid, try wearing some leathers next time (you will really regret it if you crash!).

Now, just a clue...wheelies=replacing fork seals. The kat is heavy.
          yea i have heard this. just wondering, if they do go, is the bike unridable? and can i replace them with better seals that can withstand the hit better?
          06' Zuki Katana 750
          Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

looking good !!! great vid, CP is rigth though, get some gear specially if you're gonna keep trying that...jackets are cheap, hospitals bills arent...just be safe
            carlos

Comment

Awesome. i don't see that much at least in Wisconsin.
              Bling....

Comment

Yeah nice job on those wheelies... Tried a couple of them last week, but was only able to pop the bike up about half a foot. Be careful out there!!!

Comment

+1 for the wheelie
                  -1,000 for not wearing gear.
                  GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I am the one who told you that I thought a motor wheelie was easier to do. Here is me doing one on motor only in front of my house. As you will see I had to set it down prety quick I didnt have a whole lot of road. And I already know I should have on more gear but at least I did have on my jacket and gloves.
                    "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Better check ur health insurance, broken bones can't be to far away without protective gear.

ATGATT!

Comment

Originally posted by GixxerJoe
                        I am the one who told you that I thought a motor wheelie was easier to do. Here is me doing one on motor only in front of my house. As you will see I had to set it down prety quick I didnt have a whole lot of road. And I already know I should have on more gear but at least I did have on my jacket and gloves.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD75k8fDaw0
                        nice!! got any better instructions on how to do it? looked like it came up pretty easy for ya.
                        06' Zuki Katana 750
                        Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

here is a diffrent angle you can see the bounce on the front a little better
                          "I wanna go fast"

Comment

congrats for the wheelies, but be safe... avoid using roads that have a large obstruction such as a tractor trailer blocking it

-john
                            BT

Comment

Originally posted by BT
                              congrats for the wheelies, but be safe... avoid using roads that have a large obstruction such as a tractor trailer blocking it

-john
                              BT
                              Yeah thats why I had to set it down prety quick not to mention the curve too or the police station that sits in my back yard. Accidents can happen at anytime and anywhere. I try to be as safe as I can when riding like that but to be truthfull about it everyday riding to me is just as dangerous if not more. To date and on my third bike I have had several close calls (none of them while trying to stunt) I wrecked my 96 bandit twice due to gravel in the road, on my katana I had someone pull right out in front of me and was lucky as hell to avoid that one, and on my gixxer I could go on for days on all the close calls on that one since I owned it the longest. I guess my point is when I am hittin corrners hard or popin it up on one at least I intend to do it and am well aware of the risk. When your just crusin around and something pops up unexpected you better be ready!
                              "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Working...
                              X