Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you like the twisties huh !!

Let's go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's that at? Looks like the east side of this Alp pass:

I'm probably going to try some passes this summer, but it's going to be something easier
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

can you say, TWISTIES!
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

why yes i can.....TWISTIES!!!
        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Little TOO twisty for my taste . I don't like the go real fast , brake REAL hard/downshift 4 times , repeat thing . I like a good mix of turns , and not so much 90's and 180's .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i hate downhill tight corners ! i'd run it up though

tim

Comment

Was that first picture Norway, Bolivia (just outside La Paz), Chili or in Southern France? Given the short wall height (just tall enough to flip a rider) and the lack of wall at the outset of some of the turns, I'm guessing Chili or Bolivia.

Done the Alpine pass thing... had a blast until the snow-runoff (? could have been a small seasonal stream) was pouring through one decreasing-radius corner unexpectedly... God that scared the #$*@% out of me... I slowed way down after that.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

. Holy crap! I would pee myself just looking at that. Hey, I could make it through there fine though (pushing my way, that is). Geeze, no wonder they say we have a death wish.

Comment

I know the pic was taken overseas, im currently trying to find its actual location...

edit*** update, its near or in italy at place called , Back side of the Stelvio Pass.

Comment

That would be a blast! down would be kinda scary though

Comment

Looks intimidating as anything,but man I'd love to try it !!

Comment

Hell,it would be good practice on your u-turns.....

Comment

This is the write-up by some english bikers on that pass (the eastern side is on the picture):

The Stilfserjoch (Pso d.Stelvio), one of the "Big Ones" - either the second or third highest metalled pass in the Alps, unless you read the sign at the top which still claims it to be the highest.
                          The western side is less steep, and has a much better surface. It runs through pretty dreary scenery, on the whole, but the road has been widened and resurfaced recently (2001) and is a great ride now! It is still steep in places, just before the top a road to the left leads to the Swiss border (about 100 metres away) and the Umbrail pass into Switzerland. The very top is busy, normally packed with bikes, and "a bit" touristy.
                          Wide, generally good visibility and only a few short bumpy bits - Slow down big time for the tunnels! They are unlit, wet, with corners and serious potholes. The old steep difficult bit by the waterfall has been by-passed with a geat set of wide hairpins (see panorama photo).
                          Easy, on the whole.
                          The eastern side is a different kettle of fish. It is much steeper and is pretty bumpy as the ground shifts here a lot and it can be closed for a few days after a snow storm, even in July - if so you can still normally get down the Umbrail pass. This side has so many hairpins you lose count, I think about 48 in along this side, 39 on the west side. Enough for you ? Got a stick to shake ?
                          Unfortunaltely, if you're coming up this side, the hairpins are nearly all blind and extremely steep. If you do this and honestly enjoy it, then I take my hat off to you. I'd recommend going down the east side rather than up. Anyway, If you're doing this on a weekend, prepare to be overtaken (however fast you think you are, the locals'll piss on you).

(sniped from http://www.alpineroads.com/engadin.php#stilfser)
                          - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

my mouth is watering...but only after my jaw hit the floor :O:O:O
                            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I saw we take a KR rally trip over there next summer !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X