X

Tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires?

I am in need of some new tires and I was wondering what all do you guys have on your bikes? And what would be a good tire at a desent price??

Thanks
    IX

metzler z6's from ron ayers, best price I looked around. Some other good ones are pirelli Diablos and michelin pilots. The z6's are great for wet traction and I think they are the best all around tire for the kats. Your bike, 2003 I'd go with 120/70/17 up front and 160/60/17 in the back.

Comment

Like Arsenic, I also endorse the Z6's as the best all around tire for the Kat. Unlike Arsenic, for most riders I'll tell you to stick to the stock tire sizes on the bike, which for a 2003 Kat is 120/70ZR17 front and a 150/70ZR17 rear. The 160/60 rear will fit a 98+ and provide marginally better dry traction, but at the price of a lower hydroplaning speed (significant if you tend to ride in the wet much).

If you rail very heavily and live in an exceptionally dry area (say the southwest USA), pick the Pirelli Diablo's instead. They won't last as long, but they are stickier and more ideal for dry-weather canyon carving. In that case, you have no choice but to go to a 160/60 rear, as they don't offer a 150/70 in the Diablo.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Is not a good tire for a kat?? Will this even fit a 03 kat?

Thanks guys
        IX

Comment

Originally posted by Ironxtreme
          It's a reasonable tire for the Kat, but by far means not as good as the Metzeler Z6's or Pirelli Diablo's we're recommending. And at that price, you can do MUCH better.

Try this:
          AmericanMotoTire: Metzeler Z6 120/70ZR17 front for $84.35 AND Metzeler Z6 150/70ZR17 rear for $102.66

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Originally posted by Ironxtreme
            It's a reasonable tire for the Kat, but by far means not as good as the Metzeler Z6's or Pirelli Diablo's we're recommending. And at that price, you can do MUCH better.

Try this:
            AmericanMotoTire: Metzeler Z6 120/70ZR17 front for $84.35 AND Metzeler Z6 150/70ZR17 rear for $102.66

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            That American Moto Tire seems to have the best prices around. I would stick with them for your tire needs.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I put some Z6's on my bike (at CP's urging) And my bike is like brand new. I would most definately go with them.

Comment

Working...
              X