No announcement yet.
X

Why do people hate Katana's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know where youre coming from . At least I can sleep at night without worring about how I am going to pay next months insurance
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
      I think people are just pissed-off that Suzuki hasn't come-up with a better/more modern offering for their soft 600. Honda with their F4, Yamaha's YZF, and Kawa's ZZR are all much more modern in design and much more capable at similar price-points. If you want a Suzuki, you have to settle for something that hasn't had any real development for who knows how long. I think it's time Suzuki steps-up and redesigns the Katana and makes it better!
      I think the SV has really taken over the primary role for suzuki in this dept..atleast IMO. Although I totally agree, it would have been nice for them to try and atleast make some performace or cosmetic changes at some point between 98 -2003...then they wised up and gave it a different tail light! better than nothin I guess.

Or you can look at it as, you cant improve on perfection !! Bang for the buck goes a long way.

Comment

I have a lot of thoughts on this, so forgive me if I go long.

First, if anyone rips on your KAT, just give them a quick history lesson and remind them, if it were not for the KATANA, the "race replicas" known as GSXR's would not exist. There is a big difference between "riders" and "people who own bikes"

Second, I like most of you, fell in love with Kats because they are sweet looking full fairing bikes with tons of custom potential. Half the fun of these bikes are what I call "the ritual" you want to mod, hit the net, realize nobody makes the part, fabricate your own, and create a one off bike like that. Meanwhile every Gixer you see has the same fender eliminator, exhaust, chrome parts and on and on, yeah a true custom.

Third, I could go on and on but I'll leave you with this. Kats ride better, look better, are less expensive (Bike and Insurance) and with a little cash and some know how can whip any 750 or 1000's ass, which I will prove when I finish my Kat and several others on this board have already proven.

KATANAs are THE $%!*

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
          Originally posted by Matt
          It won't be a BMW or Ducati.......
          Or Aprilia.
          you forgot Triumph 8)

Even the Daytona gets a negative because its not a Gixxer...and I would say mostly its from Gixxer owners that the negative stereotypes fall from.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            and I would say mostly its from Gixxer owners that the negative stereotypes fall from.
            Hey now... I ride a Gixxer, too!
            8)
            -Steve

Comment

CBR owners have really started to become somewhat stuckup nowadays too.. Ever since the RR's came out, especially the 600RR. There's a group of riders in my area, I only see them once in awhile, they always seem to have a stick up their arse. Never wave to anyone, blah blah blah.

Obviously not all are like this, but IMO, even 1 is too many.

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                and I would say mostly its from Gixxer owners that the negative stereotypes fall from.
                Hey now... I ride a Gixxer, too!
                8)
                yeah..but we all know your one of the coolest people around Steve...Kat, VFR, Aprilia NEGATE your Gixxer (which we all know is your TRACK bike!)

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  CBR owners have really started to become somewhat stuckup nowadays too.. Ever since the RR's came out, especially the 600RR. There's a group of riders in my area, I only see them once in awhile, they always seem to have a stick up their arse. Never wave to anyone, blah blah blah.

The 600RR is a good bike but it is definitely not the greatest machine on earth. Like the rest they have their pro's and con's. I have noticed that the Squid group seems to be more apt to give ya greif even more so than the HD crowd.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

...and I would say mostly its from Gixxer owners that the negative stereotypes fall from.

That's what I was insinuating...... thanks for just coming out and saying it.

Now that the ice is broken, what I really wanted to say in my post was, in my personal experience, CBR and GSXR owners have been the first to dis my Kat.

What I love telling the GSXR owners is that it HAS a GSXR based motor. They shut up real fast, for fear of dissing their own bike......
                    Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Next time someone says something bad about your Katana you just look down and quietly start sobbing. Then when they come over to see if you're ok you punch them in the bawls and then you run and kick their bike over and then you take off.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                        Originally posted by Need4Speed750

The 600RR is a good bike but it is definitely not the greatest machine on earth. Like the rest they have their pro's and con's. I have noticed that the Squid group seems to be more apt to give ya greif even more so than the HD crowd.
                        yeah, why is that.. its like, if your on a cruiser, they tend to leave you alone, because they figure, why bother.. but man, get on a sportbike other than what they're riding and look out. Just mind your own business and I'll be waiting at the next stoplight for ya!

Comment

Working...
                        X