Why do people hate Katana's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
    who pays less in insurance?
    thats not always true. I have a bike now with twice the CC's and almost double the horsepower of my old Katana and my insurance went down.
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

ok, generally speaking my statement usually rings true, but not always

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
        thats not always true. I have a bike now with twice the CC's and almost double the horsepower of my old Katana and my insurance went down.
        Here they class the bikes depending not only on their cc's or power, but the type of bike (and then price your insurance according to age group, how long you've had your license, accident history etc.). So even a 21-year old with a fresh bike license pays a lot less for the insurance on a VMax than on a R6... and for full coverage on a Busa he'd pay about half of the bikes price, per year.
        - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

i've only had one guy call mine a can-o-tuna. he was joking. the guys i ride with don't care. i get smoked by half of them and therefor smoke the other half.

tim

Comment

There seem to be 2 types of sport bike riders:

1.) folks happy to share the sport and they understand the draw and intoxication of a sportbike.

2.) Peeps in it for the image, and more concerned with WHAT you ride than the fact that you ride anything at all.

Person 1 is my kind of people - live and let live and enjoy the ride. Our only enemy is cages. Even HD's are fine with us.

Person 2 is just pathetic. They use their bike to compensate for something...low self esteem, tiny tool, huge ego.... something... It makes them feel better about their stuff if they can talk trash about yours.

It's largely a matter of maturity..... I've never heard ANYBODY in their 30's talking trash about my Kat, even if it's not their style. They're mature and polite enough to express themselves in a respectful fashion.

As soon as somebody trash talks my bike, I know they're more poser than rider. Whatever...... What do they care what I ride and why I ride it? They don't, they're only interested in making their bike look better - even if it's only in THEIR mind.

Some people ride better than me, and I better than some people. So freekin what? I bought my bike to RIDE it, that's why it's always dirty, well worn and out before/after 80% of the other bikes around here - which are in storage.

Also, make note of the particular models that these people have when they trash talk your Kat. It won't be a BMW or Ducati.......
            Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

one thing when owning a katana..develop thick skin. no matter what, the kat is love/hate...only SQUIDS will hate and real kat riders LOVE and the rest dont care. just as long as you have 2 wheels and an engine, you're fine. most of the guys i rode with had SS bikes but most of them couldnt even ride! just show them up at the twisties and you'll shut them up quick.
              Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                Originally posted by KatanaO215
                Here they class the bikes depending not only on their cc's or power, but the type of bike (and then price your insurance according to age group, how long you've had your license, accident history etc.). So even a 21-year old with a fresh bike license pays a lot less for the insurance on a VMax than on a R6... and for full coverage on a Busa he'd pay about half of the bikes price, per year.
                Yeah I know that, I was just making a point. I fould it hilarious that I sold a sport touring Katana and my insurance went down when I bought one of the most notorious drag racing bikes ever. Im fairly sure I could do more damage to myself and others on my heavier quicker Max than the Kat.

But yeah, Matts point is 99% of the time correct.
                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                  just as long as you have 2 wheels and an engine, you're fine. most of the guys i rode with had SS bikes but most of them couldnt even ride! just show them up at the twisties and you'll shut them up quick.
                  +1
                  '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Originally posted by Ironxtreme
                    Does anyone else get this? Or is it just me?
                    You know, I have never gotten that. Just the opposite actually. I get alot of "wow...nice bike".....or "wow...how fast does it go?"....and my favorite of all when I had it all gray/silver with no decals at all..."wow, nice bike...what is it?"

But my kat is also the big one....one of the fastest bikes of the early 90's. So I guess that is why I am so stuck on them. It is the best of both worlds.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Its always nice when you have the factory decals taken off and you have some mods done, and people come up and say Hey, what kinda bike is that? then you tell em its a Kat, and they're like WHAT !!! Wow !!

Comment

I have never heard any negative comments about my Kat. Everyone I know thinks it's a sharp looking bike. Even more now that I put some mods on. Who cares anyway as long as the bike owner is happy. Everybody talks smack about other peoples bikes. My bike is a part of what I am.

Comment

I think people are just pissed-off that Suzuki hasn't come-up with a better/more modern offering for their soft 600. Honda with their F4, Yamaha's YZF, and Kawa's ZZR are all much more modern in design and much more capable at similar price-points. If you want a Suzuki, you have to settle for something that hasn't had any real development for who knows how long. I think it's time Suzuki steps-up and redesigns the Katana and makes it better!
                          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

The funny thing is, at least around here, at Bike Nights, Bravo Burger, I am the only Katana usually there...Rackovanz is the other Kat but I'm the only pre98 that shows....Most of the time I get compliments because of how uniqe and good shape it's in...but I do understand that many sport riders snub us Kat riders...oh well...I like my bike...and as stated above it is comfortable to ride...
                            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

what got me was both time i went with my friend to TRY to get him a bike he had mentioned to both that i had gotten a katana. and they BOTH asked me " So are you ready for a real bike? " i laught at them ans say " Na i've had some of those...i hate them". They were a Suzuki and yamaha sales reps too.
                              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                                It won't be a BMW or Ducati.......
                                Or Aprilia.
                                -Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X