No announcement yet.
X

New For Sale Section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok it is agreed only to allow other types of bikes in the section with only misc motorcycle parts that are not kat parts. The only waiting is to be added to that user group which Fred, Steve, or myself can do. Should not take more than a day to do. Just send a PM like normal. We can also go thru the members list and see who has what on posts and just add those into it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I think it'd be cool to buy/sell non-bike stuff to people here . Problem is , guidelines must be set so that total strangers aren't trying to pawn off a whole house full of crap . I mean , if someone here had an MP3 player they didn't want , and I did , it'd be cool to buy it from a friend rather than taking chances on Ebay .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it
        The post limit is a good idea, since it will help stop spammers. If the post hits its limit, it can just create a new thread, no big harm done.

Just my two centavos
        I was thinking more along the lines of only 6 threads active at once in the sale areas... which does raise another thought -- having that limit would also mean the original poster would need to be able to (or ought to be able to) kill a for-sale thread once the sale is over. And in doing so, keep the size of the KR database down (no sense in keeping listings for stuff sold last year?!?).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by Newbie2it
          The post limit is a good idea, since it will help stop spammers. If the post hits its limit, it can just create a new thread, no big harm done.

Just my two centavos
          I was thinking more along the lines of only 6 threads active at once in the sale areas... which does raise another thought -- having that limit would also mean the original poster would need to be able to (or ought to be able to) kill a for-sale thread once the sale is over. And in doing so, keep the size of the KR database down (no sense in keeping listings for stuff sold last year?!?).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          We can set it to auto-prune posts older than 30 or 60 days...
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'd suggest or vote for the 50 post minimum always......weeds out fols that pop in, sell junk, and leave. Also trims way back on the suspcous sellers.......and helps avoid some problems.

I'd also say this has always been about Kats and nothing else........so keep it that way. No toasters, or cars, or toys, or clothing, etc. This ain't no eBay! Maybe motorcyle gear an other related articles.......

Just my two cents..........
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Spud
              Keep it motorcycle or parts related but open it up to other brands/models if need be. I can buy a toaster out of the local freebie newspaper. I don't need that type of ad clogging up KR.

Exactly! That is exactly what Craigslist is for...

I'm all for other motorcycle stuff but don't know about listings for a bunch of crap that i wouldn't have bought new in the first place.

I REALLY like the "pay it forward" thread that is extremely popular on here and would like to get some new parts to participate on the giving side myself! Thanks Sasquatch you really helped me out! I really feel like this is a great thing especially since KR doesn't financially benefit from sales on here.
              Not looking for spammers here either but if companies like NewEnough or the like had a section devoted to dropping their latest deals like their email fliers, i can see how that could be beneficial to people like myself trying to get the best deal on some gear - I would leave it that though, I'm not trying to refinance my house or buy windows at insanely low prices.

I truly appreciate the site, i just want you guys and gals to know that. I just wanted everybody to know how much i appreciate the comradery that is evident in the very code of this site.
              Thanks a lot!
              Now excuse me, it's time for my meds.
              Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!

Comment

Ok the people have spoken. There will be a new for sale section that does not pertain to Katana's. It will be a section for you to sell different brands of motorcycles and parts only and I think it will have sub section to sell gear in as well. That way we can keep the parts and gear seperated as a whole. The section will go up once we go live with the new software. So a big thanks to everyone for helping out.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

It does not matter to me as long as someone buys my suburban so I can buy more Katana parts.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    .... the original poster would need to be able to (or ought to be able to) kill a for-sale thread once the sale is over. And in doing so, keep the size of the KR database down (no sense in keeping listings for stuff sold last year?!?).
                    There's a couple of forums that have a sticky thread dedicated to post removal. When an item has been sold the poster simply puts the URL of their post into the thread and the moderators go through and delete them. Once deleted the post with the URL is then deleted. Just an idea in case the admins don't want to allow post deletion privs or what not.

My .02 , whatever that's really worth
                    "When people look like ants, pull. When ants looks like people, pray!"
                    Suzuki Katana Templates, Manuals, Tutorials| Read This Before Buying or Trading| My Parts Wanted Thread for my '01 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                    X