X

How many "detours" do you take...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many "detours" do you take...

Well, I went and started up the kat tonite for the first time since mid december. Man I missed that sound, and she started right up on the second try..only thing missing w/ a big hump that is supposed to be on the back seat and some lower plastics that a certain fire breathing mexican is about to ship back , sorry lou, u know I gotta rag on ya ... anywho, I came back and already got the 5th degree about how long it takes me to get home when Im on the bike, but when Im in the car on the way home from work, it only takes me less than 20 minutes or so.
    She was just joking of course, but it got me to thinking, how many of us take the long way home from work, and heck maybe the long way too work and blame it on the traffic?

I never used to have to take the long way because I lived close to a hour from work. Now I only leave about 20-25 minutes. Yeah, the long way home may become popular.

And the hump is on its way tommarrow!!!!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Long way as in going to the bank for a bunch of 1's long way?

Comment

The long way home, hmmmmmm, once every 3 years, and this time is the last time. LMAO

From Ohio to Arizona and back home to Ohio w/o ones too.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

when i am riding around doing stuff for work...i like to take the long way. but on the way home, i usually get home so i can drop the book bag or something. but i do my fair share of detours, trust me. i probably did about 150-200 miles toinght, just jogging around town
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

yeah, a quick stop off to change out of the work clothes and drop off my badge and such and if Im lucky, she's not quite home yet, so I can head right back out

Comment

I like when the long way is really the short way... best of both worlds. I gladly take the long route (around town) home over the shorter route through town. Usually it ends up better anyways due to not having to sit through heavy traffic. It's a win-win for me!!!

Comment

I ussually take the side roads to and from work. When I go out I usually take the "scenic" route, read twisty . For example If I have to run into St Kitts it's a 15 minute ride down the QEW Highway, I can take the back roads there and add maybe 5 or 10 minutes but it's a nice wandering road instead of a boring straight highway.
                Kyle

Comment

I work an hour from home, so its always the long way
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I just go back roads to and from work usually. Its only a 5 minute difference. But Id rather go backroads than just highway.

Unless Im late, and I can make up for it with highway speeds
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I have a 70 mile round trip to work, and tuesday I managed to put 255 on the Kat...Yep, I took the long way

Comment

depending if it is still light out I would normally take a longer route.
                        92 Katana 600 Project bike
                        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

I don't have anyone bitching at me when I come through the door, so I can take alllllllllllll the time I want.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

There's lots more daylight left after tomorrow nite, so we'll all get extra time to ride. Other than that I hate DST, but atleast we have riding!

Comment

if I'm on the kat don't expect me to be on time . For example tonight I was going to a friends house which is 20 minutes . It took me over an hour and a half
                              Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Working...
                              X