X

Lost my Oil Cover...replacement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my Oil Cover...replacement?

I have finally done the arghhhhhhhhful......On my last ride the Oil cover that goes over the place where the oil is put into the bike....came off for some reason and now there is a gaping hole where it was supposed to be in the fairing. I searched e-bay but found no one selling it....this is an open request for any body who knows where to get an extra window from??? It can be any color (my original was a blue). I will paint it later. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks buds.

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ohhh....I thought you were talking about the oil cap....the little screw on cover on the block where you dump in the oil. But I guess not.....so I have no idea what you are talking about.
      I forgot to put mine on once after topping it off with oil. Made it about 3 blocks when I happened to notice oil all over my right arm. That shit really shoots out of there.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Nope I am talking about that large circular oil plastic door that covers the oil cap on the fairing.....anyone have any idea where I can get one....please lemme know. I will pay top dollar for it....:-0

Comment

I will pay top dollar for it..
          Have you tried the dealer? I am sure they would be happy to oblige.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

got mine from Ron Ayers I think it was like $15
            92 Katana 600 Project bike
            Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Try

They should have it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I was totally lost too until you mentioned the cover..yeah any parts supplier..and if you cant locate one, special K im sure has some laying around, when he's back up on his feet.

Comment

If they're $15 from RonAyers, it makes sense just to buy it, since it will be pre-painted from the factory to match, right?

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ah i had one on my old fairngs, i just said screw it i dont have one on there right now and its not a big deal to me i would be nice to have it but eh, if you get it let me know how it was

Comment

Thanks guys

Well that was reAl helpful.....okay so yeah I thought about leaving it like that but it kinda looked bad on my baby......so I decided to buy it....20 bucks inst too much. Anyways so RON AYERS does not sell OEM parts for Katana before 98...it does not come up on their pull down menu. So I decided to buy it from Bike bandit. Thats one cool website. Hopefully the part is in good condition and as I expect it to be. Cheers people and good weather is finally here in the Ozarks......eeeeeyayaaaaawwhhhhhhhhh so hope everyone is riding their butts off.

Comment

Re: Thanks guys

Originally posted by kulbiker
                        Anyways so RON AYERS does not sell OEM parts for Katana before 98....
                        Must be a bug on your browser, as I often go in there and look up stuff from prior years... Remember that for 90 - 97, except for the spark plugs and electrical, all the parts are the same as the 97 model year...

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X