X

NOISE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOISE

i just can't get over how noisey these motors are every shop i take it to says it is fine but it drives me nuts. I had put my bike in a show last weekend it was looking great 4 more bikes came up and you could not here there motor at all just exhaust. they make mine sound like there is something wrong with it like theres no oil in it or somthing but mabey its just me???

WHAAAAAT?

loud isn't a bad thing. Love my loud Yoshi, quiet at idle buy loud at 5000rpm to red line.

Comment

All i hear on mine is Scorpion......and sometimes wind!!!!!

Comment

OIl cooled engine . The water jackets on liquid cooled help make them quieter apparently . Yeah , they make some noise . That's to let you know it's working .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Earplugs. All motorcycles are loud, some louder than others. Wearing earplugs cuts the noise factor and protects your hearing. And yes I can still hear traffic.

Comment

Yeah these bikes are noisy. The 750's seem to be a lil more at idle and I assume this is due to the older rocker style valve train, where the 600 and most sport/performance engines use the shim and bucket set up.

Mine was starting to sound like a diesel at idle.
            I checked the valves a couple times, sync the carbs, run synthetic oil etc etc. But it was loud and getting louder.

Finally I pulled the cam chain tensioner spring out and replaced it. That made it a lot better. It aint no supersport engine though, that's for sure
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous
              It aint no supersport engine though, that's for sure
              Used to be, Suzuki (and all the other manufacturers) changed the definition

Comment

yeah its loud

i've got a 06 kat 600 under 7 grand in miles and yeah, it's loud but the responsiveness tells me its runnin just fine and an old skool suzuki tech told me it's cause oil cooled, no water jackets to buffer the sound, so theoritkly they're all noisy, it's just the liquid cooled ones also act as sound absorbers (did i just say sound absorbers?). i wear earplugs and they work great.
                thoughts create things

Comment

I LOVE the fact that my kat's engine is loud and noisey. When im with my friend who has a CBR f4i you cant even tell that his bike is on.

Comment

Working...
                  X