X

So embarrassing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So embarrassing

A few weeks ago, I road downtown to attend a "music in the park" type of thing. Turned out to be blues music with a crappy lead singer. It was a nice night, though, so I took the bike and met my mom down there by the water.

I parked the bike beside a building on a sidewalk or walkway that lead to the park near the water. There was also some beauty bark and a few bushes to the right of where I parked. Anyway.

I got bored rather quickly and wanted leave early and hit the gym. Said bye to my mom, went to hop on my bike and noticed that BIRDS HAD SHAT ALL OVER IT!! I'm talking about the back and front, the seat...ARGH!! I look around and there was a street light near my bike. I guess that's where they came from. No idea. A guy walking passed me said, "I didn't do it." Grrr...

So, in my rage, I jumped on the bike too forcefully that I was immediately off balance and began to tilt to the right, tried to stabalize by putting my right foot down, but stepped into that damn beauty bark and toppled over. It happened so quickly there was nothing I could do, except scream inside my head.

There I am, with dirt and beauty bark all over me, a nasty bird shit bike, heaving this thing back up with a bunch of people walking around. I remember a guy offering to help, but I think I grunted a "No."

That's my embarrassing story and first public motorcycle dumping. Got any more?

Man, the way you tell this story is too funny! Thanks for sharing and may we all avoid the bombers and bark!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I'm sorry about your spill.. But that's one of those situations you just gotta laugh at yourself for.

Thanks for sharing.
      The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

wtf is beauty bark?
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Let me guess...
          A public garden (beauty??) with dogshiat (bark)?

Comment

Hey, I'm up here in Kirkland, what venue were you at?
            00 Katana 750

Comment

Beauty bark?
              Landscaping bark they use around trees and such.
              I think it's a local term.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Beauty bark?
                Landscaping bark they use around trees and such.
                I think it's a local term.
                Looks like mulch to me.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Never heard it called that before, but definitely mulch.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I'm sure falling into mulch did less damage than the street would have.

Comment

haha, poor guy. i was lost on the beauty bark thing too, kinda cool phrase though.

3 years ago i when i started ridding, i'd always lock up the rear tire (i dunno why, i was stupid) i did it once w/a pass on the back. i dunno what happened but the bike fell down. i was stopped by the time it fell, but it was pretty dumb. now i only do wheelies w/pass.... j/k!
                      '90 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah, here in Portland's Old Port, more than a few times I have come out from work and found Sea Gulls crapping all over my bike. It sucks a lot, especially when the 04 Kat 750 parked right next to mine doesn't have a single splatter mark! Guess blue is easier to aim for.
                        Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Originally posted by WazzuKirk
                          Hey, I'm up here in Kirkland, what venue were you at?
                          They just call it "music in the park" down here in Olympia. It wasn't anything too serious.

Yeah, "mulch" or "landscaping bark." Same stuff. If you ever need to dump your bike, do it in that stuff. I think it bent my mirror, but that was it.

I still get pissed when I think of that story, though. Gah.

Comment

shity story no pun intended lol
                            "I wanna go fast"

Comment

were the birds there when you got back? I bet they were smiling at you, rats with wings I bet too.... good laugh if nothing else. Sometimes it's good to laugh at yourself!
                              Hold on Tight.......

Comment

Working...
                              X