Kat rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat rebuild

Hello all

Just bought a wrecked 2001 gsxf 600 off ebay. Needs the body panels replaced. Any idea where I can find some, will gsxr panels work?

Thanks, Tony

Die Living, rather than live dying

only kat panels will work .. without heavy modifications .. and ebay will most likely be where to get them .. most are rashed up .. but elbow grease and some paint and you will be good to go for alot less than from suzuki
    so many roads so little time

Comment

Thanks eviilil0ne

What range year parts will work for my 2001. I'm thinking 2001 to 2005?

Comment

their are some meir or some other brand of fairings that you can get new. however i have heard they don't fit well and are thin and brittle and you have to drill and make them fit. someone will chime in with it....but ebay for oem panels are the best bet.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

98 - 06 will work on the main fairings. 98 - 02 will work on the tail fairings.

Long Live the D

Comment

just be prepared like i said .. most anything you get off ebay will have rash .. but its not that hard to fix if you just take your time and put some effort in
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Thanks guys

Here is the starting point of my winter project

I'm sure there will be a lot of qeustions

Comment

looks like you have alot of work ahead of you

FYI....using the search option will give you most of the answers you need.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Here's another idea...Make it into a SF (Street Fighter)..that is go without fairings change the head light and possibly change the handlebars...you should be good to go..there are a few SF style bikes here so take a look at the member albums...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                    Here's another idea...Make it into a SF (Street Fighter)..that is go without fairings change the head light and possibly change the handlebars...you should be good to go..there are a few SF style bikes here so take a look at the member albums...

great idea. especially from the "cost" point of view. bringing it all back to original might leave you with a bike that is barely worth what you put into it.
                    where as making a SF out of it will be a heck of a lot cheaper, and some sucker might even give you more for it than a stock kat just cuz it looks "cool".
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Ok Guys & Gals, I made the trip sourh and picked up the kat. Now searching for parts. Haven't found much on the ebay route. Anyone know of a good place for salvage parts?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X