X

Passed my test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

I took the MSF test. I had to get it so I could ride my bike on base. The double U turn was inside a 10 by 20 box. I went outside the line once during the test. I only lost three points for it. I am ashamed to say the only person during the test who did not get points deducted was riding a scooter. Out of eight people he was the only one to get a perfect score. Three bikes were dropped the day before the test.

Two girls and one guy were the ones who dropped their bikes. We all gave the guy a lot of grief about it. It was a fun coarse.

I was the only one there who had been riding for a long time. A girl was riding a 600 CBR with only 850 miles on it. It had some really bad road rash. My bike and the scooter were the only ones that did not have road rash.
    If it has a engine and goes fast I want one.

2005 600 Kat

2003 KX65

2000 Yamaha Mountain Max 700 triple

1986 Honda ATC250R

Comment

There is no "road course" in Maine for you license test (if you go through the DOT). Basically someone follows on the street and you have to do certain tests. They honk to get you to do certain things. 1 Honk is turn left, 2 honks is turn right, 3 is STOP! During the test, you need to change lanes and if you don't turn you head completely, you fail automatically. You need to stop on a hill and roll back at an angle (like your going to park) and take off without stalling. They then follow you around predetermined route with varying speeds to see how you can handle the machine.
      Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Oh. I also remember an old guy who was riding a dirt bike, for some reason.

He said that he had been living in Hawaii and was licensed there or didn't need a license, but when he came to Washington, it didn't transfer. He didn't sound too happy about it.

Speaking of not being happy. I'm getting sick and tired of taking that damn eye test! Sheesh. I've taken the damn thing, at least, three times within the past year, but I keep forgetting my glasses at home and can't pass the test without them. Argh.

I'd just like to tell them, "Look! I don't wear my freaking glasses when I drive, but I can sure as hell see a big ass semi-truck coming at me!" It's just those little, blurry letters at the licensing office I have a hard time seeing.

Comment

Took my Ohio skills test today, passed no problems. Got docked 5 points for "not going fast enough" for the stop test, meaning I accelerated a bit too slow, I was still going about 14-15mph according to my speedo when i crossed the line and stopped. Did it again going almost 20 and locked up the back tire on purpose, grabbed a huge handful of front brake and stopped in less than 10 feet.

Test instructor guy even complimented me because other than the speed issue, I passed 100% on my first try, first one in a few testing periods he said. I was the only person there not riding a cruiser, too.

Comment

During my License test, I got the "foot down" points dock as well on the U-Turn. Some older woman apparently got scared and just flat out jumped off the bike.. It parked itself about 200 yards down the parking lot against a light post and a rock..

Instructor looked at me and said "Huh, you don't see that every day"

We had all sorts of scooters.. To me, that's cheating.. If you can't perform reasonably well on the motorcycle you're actually going to ride.. Why do it in the first place?
            Yeah, like a 50cc scooter is really going to determine how well you ride a Gixxer 6.

About that eye test though. How can you read anything when the lenses you look through are so smudgy to begin with?
            The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

I live in Oregon and they have the motorcycle training class that lasts a weekend. I took it this last weekend and got 100% on everything and the the instructor asked me to stay after when everyone else left. I couldn't figure out what I may have done the he precedes to tell me that I have all the qualities they look for in a trainer and he would reccommend me to OSU for training to be an instructor if I had an interest. I though it was great. Congrats to everyone by the way.

Comment

I failed my 1st road test here in CA. I can't see anyone passing it with a big bike like my Kat. Guess I'll have to use the GF's Ninja 250.

Has anyone challenged the test? I heard it's pretty outdated since bikes have gotten longer and bigger since it was designed. Anyone?
                GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Working...
                X