No announcement yet.
X

how about a horn mod?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured out a solution finally. I built a bracket - essentially an upside-down "U" with the middle of the U bolted to the stock horn location and the HI and LO Blasters mounted on the 2 ends sticking down. Good clearance from everything and LOUD as hell.

EDIT: For those of you sitting on the fence with this mod, go to this site and watch (or listen) to the 2 mpegs this guy has comparing his stock horn to the Freeblasters (he has HI and LO installed).

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

Just installed a Low tone freeway blaster on my Kat took about 5 minutes
      '06 600 Katana
      http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
      Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
      Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

just put my freeway blaster on today it sounds really good to me. it was very easy to do too . it took me about 5min. to do.
        BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see this mod taking off.
          The stock horn is a safety issue IMO as CCnCoke said anyone sitting on the fence can check out the sound files.
          However the first time you use the improved horn you will be among the faithful.. You will wonder why suzi (or any MC company) puts anything less on their bikes.

Comment

Yeah, mine now has a 139dB dual-note airhorn fitted. Infinitely better than the stock item.
            "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

It's now 2 degrees F outside now, so I decided to switch out my Original horn:

Now I have this New Freeway Blaster Lo-Tone 132 dB:

Sounds like a HUGE difference to me. Suzuki should really just put this in as Original from the start. It was only $20 at PepBoys.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I had a harder time finding a store that had the horn in stock, than I did installing it. This one was too easy!!! HONK HONK
                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                  I thought Katgirl was the Horny mod...oh...wait...nevermind...HORN mod...sorry!
                  Your in TROUBLE now bro!

As far as the mod., "sounds" good to me.
                  It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I've essentially got the same mod as Matt - used a relay, installed a second horn and kept the original. Makes a nice two tone (low and high) sound.

I've also got the cigarette lighter thing going (mod from previous owner) and it's great. Cell phone and game boy charger!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                        This was my first mod. The freeway blaster( low note ) is the simplist mod you can make. Unplug the old, take off one nut, put mounting plate on new horn, plug back in, bolt back on. I've had the horn on for two years without any problems. I highly recommend everyone do this as the stock horn sux a$$ !!! It's pretty basic so I won't bother posting pics
                        I did the same exact thing . Works great . I didnt research anything witht he wiring , I just had one from my last bike and tried it. I dont think shorts surges of electricity is enough to melt anything electric

Comment

my '89 Kat 600 had Bosch duall airhorns mounted under the fairning. almost invisible, just added a fused power wire and a relay.

the KLR is getting a Stebel Nautalus Compact... just have to find a day to do the electrical work i have lined up under the tank. airhorn, accessory outlet, heated grips.

Kat2 may get the Stebel... should mount well up behind/under the headlight.
                          KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by fixer
                            my '89 Kat 600 had Bosch duall airhorns mounted under the fairning.
                            I demand proof and a how-to .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

md86 wrote
                              I demand proof and a how-to .
                              I had a hard enough time trying to mount the Stebel, the only place I found I could mount it with the compressor vertical was behind the turnsignal on the fairing. JB weld, gotta love that stuff. Space is pretty hard to find, except in the fairings. I'd like to see pics of a dual air horn mounted under the fairings.
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

anyone try hella horns?

Comment

Working...
                                X