X

Finally went down for the first time, Nothing serious though

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally went down for the first time, Nothing serious though

So i was just pulling up to my cousin's house and hit a patch of mud. Bike slipped right out from under me, i went off to the right side a few feet. Bike was down less than 10 seconds. picked her up. Not much damage. I went down in grass & mud. Braunstein's sliders saved my bike from any damage. Another testimony for his frame sliders! I bent the one slider a good bit. I will get pics up soon. Thanks again Braunstein!
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

finally went down? does that mean you wanted too? i guess that'll open your eyes. i hate when that happens. GO FRAME SLIDERS
    '90 Katana 600

Comment

well they say it's not if you go down, it's when, so i figured this is my time....no more from here on out...I hope
      Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Ulshy55
        well they say it's not if you go down, it's when, so i figured this is my time....no more from here on out...I hope
        Who's "they"?

I know people who have been riding for much longer than I have been alive (22yrs) that have always kept the shiny side up.

Glad it wasn't anything serious though.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Looking forward to those pics. I like the sliders too.

Rooks, get them if you don't have them already!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

"Theres two type of riders, those who have fallen, and those who will fall." Hopefully ill get lucky and wont belong to either category. Im glad to hear that your okay

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
              I know people who have been riding for much longer than I have been alive (22yrs) that have always kept the shiny side up.
              I've only met one type of 20+ year rider who hasn't ever had any of their bikes down in their entire riding time: liars. They either discount dumping dirt bikes regularly at the outset of their learning to ride, or don't count a stand-still drops, or simply don't remember any more (drugs & alcohol in large amounts can do that). I'm not saying that there aren't any Sunday church riders who haven't, just that I have never met any. Ever.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Finally went down for the first time, Nothing serious th

glad to hear you're ok and the damage was minimal

Braunstein's sliders saved my bike from any damage. Another testimony for his frame sliders!
                i've been strongly considering making that investment lately. i like the integrated ones that honda makes for their ST1300
                Attached Files
                One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I fell off my bike the first day I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by mike75
                    HAAHAHA My father dropped my bike the 1st day I got it, he went around the park across the street from my house and never came back I finally went looking for him and found him standing next to my bike which was laying on the ground lol. I'm much better than you though (J/K) because I dropped it myself an entire 3 days later Still no real damage just missing paint and scratched up Katana emblems maybe I'll finally fix em up one of these days seeing that it has been about 7 years since those incidents.
                    "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bike, glad you werent going any faster than you were.
                      sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

I've only met one type of 20+ year rider who hasn't ever had any of their bikes down in their entire riding time: liars. They either discount dumping dirt bikes regularly at the outset of their learning to ride, or don't count a stand-still drops, or simply don't remember any more (drugs & alcohol in large amounts can do that). I'm not saying that there aren't any Sunday church riders who haven't, just that I have never met any. Ever.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Those same guys don't masturbate either.

Comment

Re: Finally went down for the first time, Nothing serious th

So i was just pulling up to my cousin's house and hit a patch of mud. Bike slipped right out from under me, i went off to the right side a few feet. Bike was down less than 10 seconds. picked her up. Not much damage. I went down in grass & mud. Braunstein's sliders saved my bike from any damage. Another testimony for his frame sliders! I bent the one slider a good bit. I will get pics up soon. Thanks again Braunstein!
                          Sorry for you

I recognize the description here; probably used the front brake to slow down while aiming for the house driveway or street corner of whatever... The symptom is the bike slipping straight down so fast like you are almost still standing up in your riding position... with no bike standing between your legs anymore hehehe

I learned from that mistake and I no longer use the front brake for slower speed maneuvers. You could be on the worst mud or sand spot, I discovered that as long as you dont use the front brake, it wont slide much, the back will start to go first if anything.

Comment

im still waiting for my sliders...its been almost two months...cant wait till i get them, they sure give us some type of peace of mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Uloset
                              Originally posted by mike75
                              HAAHAHA My father dropped my bike the 1st day I got it, he went around the park across the street from my house and never came back I finally went looking for him and found him standing next to my bike which was laying on the ground lol. I'm much better than you though (J/K) because I dropped it myself an entire 3 days later Still no real damage just missing paint and scratched up Katana emblems maybe I'll finally fix em up one of these days seeing that it has been about 7 years since those incidents.
                              Something like that happened 3 months after I bought my bike.

I was home watching t.v. and my dad was drinking a couple of beer's. A few minutes later I noticed my dad was missing, and I heard someone revving the engine to my bike. I ran to my garage and I saw my dad who has no motorcycle expirence by the way, riding my bike into my garage since I had it parked in the driveway. To make a long story short, he came in to fast then he breaked to hard and ended up loosing his balance and droping my bike inside of my garage.

It could have been alot worse, but at least no one except for me got that hurt, but the bike did fall on my hand when I was trying to keep it from falling. I was pissed cause when he fell he didnt even try to keep the bike up, he was more worried about himslef not falling over.

Comment

Working...
                              X