Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Don't have a lift? Build yourself a box!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't have a lift? Build yourself a box!

I came across this link on another board and thought some here might be interested. I've got a lift, but if I didn't I'd build one of these:

Link
    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Bookmarked.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Thanks for the link. (thats a sweet bike!)
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I'm going to steal your bike

and that box

Comment

It's not my bike, it's just a pic from the link for building the box.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Damnit!

edit: Hey the swear filter failed?

Comment

The original design came from http://www.eurospares.com/bikestnd.htm

Comment

gooooood site. that might be a summer time saturday project
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

That's pretty cool but a little too much IMO. I have 4 tables that i use as i usually have many projects going at one time.

I make mine a bit more simple. 5-6 2x4x8's and a 30x96 sheet of particle board. I have them set at 18" from the ground to the table top. They are very sturdy and will hold up to a 1000# that i know of so far. I do add eye bolts to the side of mine though to tie down a bike when needed (usually when i'm working by myself).

This is one of them however, as you can see, there isn't much weight on this one.

Comment

GREAT idea...Junior...get building...its WOOD you know, so it will be EASY for us Canucks!

Comment

Great idea, thanks for the link.. I think even I could build this

Comment

ya my friends neighbor who's a mechanic for local bike shop and does tons of side work on ATV and bikes has one of those in his garage.
                        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

hmmmm...badbilly has a box just like that with my name on it out back (next to a big hole in the ground)....must be for my birthday!

Comment

Where was this link when we but the engine in!!!!

I may just have to make me one of them there boxes!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Awesome, and I happen to have a metal plate to put on top. Thanx
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X