X

Got my Carbs rejetted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Carbs rejetted

well i got my Jet kit from Ivan's a couple weeks ago and just finally got them in today. All i have to say is DAAAAAAAMN!!! I knew it was goign to be a good performace boost, but i didnt expect it to feel like an all together ndifferent bike. I was cruising earlier and came up to a light that i knew was gonna turn green any second. So im in 1st @6Krpm light turned green and i gunned it hard. DAMN threw me back and wheel just BARELY came off ground. Which it would never even get close to do. I feel more Roll-on torque and overall smoother performance thru out power band. Now i just cant wait to change my rear sprocket up +3.

On a side note i went to local speedway/drag strip today. Saw some AWESOME cars and drag bikes. There was a Hayabusa(dragbike) that pulled 8.9sec @156mph :O I was thinking of running my bike for giggles to see what time it would get, but when i got there and saw nothing but muscle cars , dragsters and funny cars , i thought NO WAY lol i would feel out of place. At the very end of the BIG monster cars came the street cars. newer and older muscle cars and some imports. So i thought well ok maybe i can do it . Then at dead last was a 2004 Buell Blast 500cc 4stroke single cyclinder that ran 13.1 @ 97mph. So next week im running mine I'll post time next saturday

PROPS to Ivan's Performance Products. I highly recommend.

1 more thing . Would i benefit from advancing my timing 4-5degrees ?
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Re: Got my Carbs rejetted

Originally posted by Badkitty
    1 more thing . Would i benefit from advancing my timing 4-5degrees ?
    Common consensus is yes, and Ivan believes it as well according to a phone conversation I had with him. I can't say I've noticed much difference after I installed the V&H 5 degree advancer (Source; SpecialK), but it may just not be as big a difference as Ivan's kit (which did make a huge difference -- I was expecting something similar from the 5 degree advancer).

KNOW THIS:
    The 5 degree advancer is not recommended for anyone whose bike was built for the European market unless they are from Switzerland or Austria, as the European GSXF models already have the advance integrated from the factory.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

awesome review Bro!! I can not wait for the pre98 750 kit, soon to be!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'm wondering what I am gona be puching with that stage 3 kit.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

with that beast engine your putting in, atleast Mach 2 !!!!

Congrats on the jet kit install badkitty! sounds awesome!

Comment

WE LOVE MACH SPEED, HUH MATT!!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Some of us are still anxiously awaiting Ivan to make a pre98 kit for the 600 too!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

When i was riding earlier i noticed the idle was at around 900rpm. If i let it idle for like 15+ secondsi noticed the rpms drop alittle and if i give alittle gas it sounds almost like its flooding alittle and if i goose it alittle bit it will die. Now i turned to idle screw up alittle so it idles smooth at 1100rpm but will still die if i goose it just right. Now im not talking about a 3K+ rev i mean just alittle 1500rpm sqeeze. My brother was in his mustang next to me wheni did it and LOL when i stalled i, until i told him it was in neutral.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this?
                " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Set the idle to 1350 hot [EDIT: Typo on my part: should have been 1250]... that should eliminate the problem. You may also have to turn back the pilot screws a half turn (I have mine set to 3-1/2 instead of 4 turns out). Either that, or wait til Monday and call Ivan -- he's great about walking you through such things over the phone.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                    Some of us are still anxiously awaiting Ivan to make a pre98 kit for the 600 too!!
                    I second that... Does Ivan have a web site?
                    Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
                    Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin
                      Originally posted by Court93Kat
                      I second that... Does Ivan have a web site?
                      When good just isn't good enough, we make fast faster! We specialize in sportbike carb kits.
                      '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

wow 1350rpm. That high really ?

Comment

wow 1350rpm. That high really ?
                          Typo on my part. I meant 1250 (valid range, hot, should be 1100 - 1300 on the 98+; if you have the California model, add 100 rpm for a valid range of 1200 to 1400). Note that hot in this case is defined as truly hot, 10 minutes of 2k RPM in 86 degrees heat, or 20 minutes of 2k RPM in 23 degree cold...
                          Personally, I run it a bit high...

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ya i got a 2004...guess i just have to get used to it idling higher. I like it tho i can hear exhaust more now at a stop.

Something funny happened yesterday as i was riding. I am so anal about not having any vibrations or rattles or any kind of sound other than engine and exhaust. Well i put up to a Ducati 999 and MAN did it sound like crap. As far as stuff rattling and engine noise. Exhaust was somewhat quiet but now im not so concerned about mine doing it

Comment

Well i put up to a Ducati 999 and MAN did it sound like crap...
                              Ducati's use dry clutches, meaning the clutch, rather than sitting inside the transmission sealed in the motor oil, sits outside the engine and when in neutral, rattles like the dickens. On the other hand, it has the advantage of less shear stress on the oil, no worries about oil additives causing the clutch to slip, and it's easier to fix/replace. Or to put it another way: it's supposed to sound like that, at least in neutral with the clutch out.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X