Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Has anyone ever removed the shovel at the suspension end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever removed the shovel at the suspension end?

My bike currently has no rear wheel on the back, Im trying to clean it (which seems like an impossible feat) I was looking at the mudgaurd and saw at the very end a flap that covers the suspension coil.

If i were to take this right off, you would have an amazing view of the suspension (which i always liked among newer bikes) and I could paint it red as well

Has anyone ever done this? or would you recommend me to shy away from it to protect the the suspension?

PS. for those of you following the GSXR post, Im still trying to get it, but just in case I dont, Im looking toward future mods with my current bike

Mine is gone. Yes it gives a more open look. Now have a hugger to keep everything clean underneath.

Bike is sold

Comment

that looks great speedee.

Do you think I will have any problems after i remove it? because I wont be able to get a hugger.

Im assuming its really only there to keep everything clean, but I like to wash mine at least once a week and detail...

Comment

ummm...looks better...but more work....I vote that its worth it though...unless you use it as a daily driver

Comment

I'd imagine the underseat area would get pretty messy in a hurry without it . Wires getting wet and grimy and stuff ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            I'd imagine the underseat area would get pretty messy in a hurry without it . Wires getting wet and grimy and stuff ...
            silly boy...he is talking about the flap that covers the shock...on the NEW Kats....not the entire tray!

Comment

Oh .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Oh .
                but if not...MY bad...and your right Matt

Comment

Comment

I think that looks really sharp, is it fairly easy to do?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I love that clean look.. and spedee's gold sprocket doesnt hurt either

Comment

It's worth it. But you can add the hugger from a new Kat.

Bike is sold

Comment

hey SPEDEE, tell me what all you bought and did to make your rear section look like that...that's what i'm looking for.

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by DJHowie
                            hey SPEDEE, tell me what all you bought and did to make your rear section look like that...that's what i'm looking for.
                            Cut 3/8" out of the dog bones and reweld together.
                            Remove the undertail and replace with:
                            Bike is sold

Comment

Thanks guys, I took the dremel out yesterday and chopped about 3/8" off that lower section that covers the coil.

It came out really well, Id take pics, but I removed the shock absorber to repaint it red.

Comment

Working...
                              X