X

Mexitana 1100 Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexitana 1100 Update

Well, here is a update of what is going on so far with the Mexitana 1100 Project.

The engine IS IN!!!!

The carbs however are not. I need to order 45mm intake sleeves so the carbs can mount to the engine.

My single side exhaust arrived the other day (Thanks again Arsenic), and we were able to then do the oil cooler lines since we knew where the exaust was running.

Oil cooler is now complete. We had to fabricate oil lines as the Kat 750 stock ones were not going to work. On the 99 Kat 750, the oil cooler lines come out right next to the oil filter. On the Gixxer 1100 engine, they are on the bottom of the oil pan.

I decided that I am going to try to get a dual exhaust system, so I am in the process of ordering a 93 Gixxer 1100 header set up for a dual exhaust.

Painting is damn near complete. All that is left is the front fender (Which will be coming off soon as we get the engine back together), and then we have to clear coat all body panels.

Decided to do the inner part of my rims a gold color, but leave the lips silver.

I need to order exhasut clamps and seals, body bolts, a new chain, and possibly sprockets, a chain guard (Anyone have one lying around they are not using?), the carb intake thingies, a new horn (Dual airhorn, already picked out. Thanks Beek!), steel braided brake lines, and new tires.

Yup, lots to go, but it really is coming together. The engine is all wired up and ready to go.

Corey drilled out the sprocket nut, and we mounted the speedo pickup in it. Corey is a freaking genious when it comes to stuff like that. The gixxer 1100 speedo was run off the front, but this way, I can keep everything stock for my gauges. Originally, I was going to need to get something like the Veypor computer.

Speedwerks is giving me a mad hook-up on parts. Laura, you guys rock!

Also, Mad Props to Bonestrosity. He came buy the day Corey and I were putting in the engine. We planned on just chill'n and have a beer or two. Turned out, there would have been no way that Corey and I could have put that engine in ourselves. Bonestrosity really did save the day. He even got all dirty!!!!! (Yes, we have pics) Thanks Joel for all your help!!!!

Thats about it for the update. Bike should be done in 3 to 4 weeks. We won't be able to work on it for another 2 weeks due to our scheduals being so different..

Sweet Lou
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

cant wait to see this beast lou!! coming along nicely!!! See, we all knew Cory was good for something besides whoring it up!

and to think u still found time to paint my parts and even call me last nite!! u da man!

Comment

I was going to say, where are all the pics, they are good for a laugh....
      can't wait to see her done!!!
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

keep us updated.

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Re: Mexitana 1100 Update

Originally posted by SweetLou
          Corey is a freaking genious when it comes to stuff like that.
          Im a genious
          PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
          The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Can't wait to see pics of this Monster.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Its funny, because Joel just watches Corey and I in amazment, and wonders how we get anything done with as much as we goof off. Its hard working on stuff when both of us have issues. Corey has ADD, I have ADHD, and I think we gave Joel a little bit of both.

We even went riding for about 30 miles today!!!!

See Joel, we can goof off and get stuff done, it just takes us a lot longer!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

No pics...shame on Lou So this seems to be a trend...everyone shoving 1100-1200 motors in the kats, maybe someone needs to start a club?

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                  No pics...shame on Lou So this seems to be a trend...everyone shoving 1100-1200 motors in the kats, maybe someone needs to start a club?
                  Like the hair club for men... except for us, we woud all be bald. That would be cool!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sounds like it's coming together. If I had the cash and time right now, I'd be trying to do something like this. Thanks for the update and I look forward to the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by JesterGfx
                      Sounds like it's coming together. If I had the cash and time right now, I'd be trying to do something like this. Thanks for the update and I look forward to the pics!
                      Pics????

Hell, you can see it in person! I tend to make me way down to Madison to visit freinds every now and then. I may even get Corey and Bones to tag along!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                        Originally posted by JesterGfx
                        Pics????

Hell, you can see it in person! I tend to make me way down to Madison to visit freinds every now and then. I may even get Corey and Bones to tag along!
                        Dude Im in
                        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Sweet, just give me a heads up when you're headed this way!

Comment

Why so you can leave town?

Harley Davidson

Comment

I cannot wait to see this one when it's done! Let me guess....you plan to use your KOTM trophy as a beer stein?
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X