X

Kick In The Pants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick In The Pants

I'm good friends with the local MSF instructor and decided to drop by yesterday at the end of class. I showned him my new bike and decided I wanted to try in the U-turn/figure 8 box... Well needless to say I couldn't pull it off on my new Katana and had been taken down a peg.

So now i'm thinking about taking the Advanced Rider Course
    (much the same as the original course, but you use your personal bike) to get my skills back in line.

Anyone else take this, is it worth the time?

Id love to take it just so I could say I have. But my bike isnt exactly set up to run on a small closed cours like that.
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Re: Kick In The Pants

Originally posted by plupien79
      I'm good friends with the local MSF instructor and decided to drop by yesterday at the end of class. I showned him my new bike and decided I wanted to try in the U-turn/figure 8 box... Well needless to say I couldn't pull it off on my new Katana and had been taken down a peg.

So now i'm thinking about taking the Advanced Rider Course
      (much the same as the original course, but you use your personal bike) to get my skills back in line.

Anyone else take this, is it worth the time?
      Just completed the experienced course last week. I will tell you I was nervous about that "8" in the small box but after I saw the big Harleys doing it, I was pulling it off with no probs, as was the CSM on the Busa!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

KS I've been wondering about this for awhile; what Fort is in MA?
        SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
        Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Hanscom Air Force Base
          Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

Originally posted by smittyrock
            KS I've been wondering about this for awhile; what Fort is in MA?
            Devens RFTA. They kept the center of it and all the ranges. Basically us, the 94th and the Marines. Not much else. We all live on Hanscom AFB down the street.

Where are you, Meade, APG?
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have been riding for over 20 years, but would still like to take that course too. There is always more to learn about riding.
              The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

Working...
              X