No announcement yet.
X

ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? ("CUSTOM" EXHAUST)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? ("CUSTOM" EXHAUST)

HEY GUYS, DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON PURCHASING THIS SUZUKI KATANA CUSTOM EXHAUST ON EBAY? PEASE REGARD THE PERFOMANCE AND COMPATIBILITY AS WELL AS OTHER ISSUES IN YOUR IDEAS . THANX ALOT

LINK:

(((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Being that it is a custom, I am not sure what the performance gains would be if any. What the probably did, was take a exhasut off a cruiser, take out all the baffiling, and weld it to the Kat pipe. Loud as hell, burn your vavles up due to lack of back-pressure, and get you a nice fat ticket for being that loud.

If you want loud and performance, go with a full D&D set up. If you want a NICE tone and performance, go with something like the Yoshi, Hindle, or something along those lines.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yes, that looks like just a straight pipe, no baffles or anything. I would not purchase this pipe. Just my opinion.
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

+2 on the others. I wouldn't buy it, but it does look good.
        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

IMHO, not for the Kat, no performance gains. All performance losses. There are so many good looking exhaust out that do nothing but hurt performance.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Want a cheap way to increase your exhaust through-put? Remove the stock exhaust headers and grind out the 1 to 2mm weld lip on the inside. This should significantly increase the through-put at the one spot where it's most choked off. It won't drastically alter the sound of the bike (may actually make it quieter), but it will improve the through-put. Do a search for Trinc + exhaust header to find the relevant thread with the details.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I agree with what everyone else has already said. It looks to me like someone took a "bell tip" from a truck exhaust and welded it to the exhaust pipe. Think how loud those trucks are, and apply it to the bike. Basicly, a 3 inch empty pipe. WAY too loud.... unless you want every cop in town to come find you.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

yea, looks like a straight pipe to me. check this one out...a corvette exhaust on a kat! its probably the same idea as the "custom" on ebay.
                Attached Files
                Hello World.

Comment

btw, that pic was scooped up from KP a while back. not sure if he's a member on this board yet
                  Hello World.

Comment

I Got mine dirt cheap used... keep you r eyes on EBAY... dont waste your $

Comment

PIPES

THANX FOR THE INPUT GUYS, I APPRECIATE IT.I WAS ACTUALLY DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR THOSE HIGH MOUNT SHOT GUN PIPES (USS. MANUFACTURED BY DEVIL EXHAUSTS), BUT HAVENT FOUND ONE 4 THE KATS. I WAS JUST THINKIN OF FABRICATING ONE(PERHAPS FROM 2 MIG PIPES) , BUT STILL JUST AN IDEA IN THE AIR...

HEREs A LINK 2 THE "DOUBLE OUTLET DEVIL EXHAUSTS" (2nd FROM TOPH) , THEY DONT MAKE THEM 4 THE KATS BUT I AM WONDERING IF I CAN USE THE 1s MADE FOR THE BANDIT 600s....DONT KNOW WHETHER IF IT WILL AFFECT THE CARB/PERFOMANCE OF THE BIKE OR NOT....PERHAPS CYBERPOET WILL KNOW

Comment

go to devilexhaust.com
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

UM....I DONT BELIEVE DEVIL MAKES THEM SPECIFICALLY FOR THE KAT, SO I WAS WONDERING IF I USE THE 1s THEY MAKE 4 THE BANDIT, WILL EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BIKE IN A NEG WAY ....

Comment

Working...
                          X