X

05 1000 review (56k beware)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 1000 review (56k beware)

Ive had the bike for a week now. Due to weather there are only 300 miles on it. But I have to say this is one mean ride.

Fit and finnish
    The black and yellow look great. for the amount of diffrent parts that are snapped together it looks really well. I love evrything except the exhaust. That is just one big ugly can. I do like the shape of it thow. Its just to large.

Disasembly
    Taking the plastic off is a nightmare. There are 3 pieces of plastic that make up each side fairing. And evry thing is snaped together.

comfort
    I went from an 03 600 with 23k on it and found that bike comfortable other than the tapored seat. It would try to rip my butt in half. With the 1K thow. The seat is flat and still verry soft compared to the competition. Reach to the bars is short and it has a fairly upright seating position. A lot better ergos than my 600 ever thaught about. Wind protection is the only real complaint with comfort. I have more than an r1 but I lost a lot from what I was used to. I have a Puig DB ordered.

Trunk
    I now dont have much more space than an 04 r1. And it isnt held in for nothing. I had to remove the tools to even be able to keep my safety glasses in with any room. That is a fair chainge from the trunk on my 600 gixxer.

Power
    I figured it would feal more powerfull than it does but it is smooth. When the throttle is bumped it will get light in the front. And it will raise up with a roll on. But Im not a wheelie man. Im just trying to learn every thing i can so I know what the bike will do under certain instances. You must have a verry smoth hand. I thaught the 6 was touchy. I had no idea. It isnt bad. But you just have to think about what you are doing.

Handeling. Its handling is unbelievably newtral. If you put it in a lean it will stay there untill told otherwise. Much better feel than the 6.

To conclude. this is one great bike! I love it. You just have to keep a clear head.

I dont have anny whare to load picks so if people want them someone else will have to host them.
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

nice review...i'd be happy to take the 600 off your hands....

www.vwvortex.com
    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

It was for sale for 6 months. In my sig. I got 5000 out of it 2 weeks ago. It had some toys and custome paint.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

well enjoy it man. i saw those in the dealer today, they look great. you need better tastes than yellow
        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

You can host pics for free at ImageShack.

I really like the look of the yellow ones, and would LOVE to have one!

Until I get done with school though, I will be happy with the Mexitana 1100
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

pics pics pics!!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I was thinking of buying one but I can't decide if i should get the 1000 though. I have been ridin a 2004 600 cat the past year and want to move up. I am a bigger guy and a comfortable ridin a 2003 R1. Would the 1000k be to big of a step or would I be better with a 750? figured I would put this here since you have rode one.

Comment

Great bike man. Sounds like one killer machine! I wish I could get my hands on one. I think I am the only one that likes that stock can on there.
                1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by smhholm
                  I was thinking of buying one but I can't decide if i should get the 1000 though. I have been ridin a 2004 600 cat the past year and want to move up. I am a bigger guy and a comfortable ridin a 2003 R1. Would the 1000k be to big of a step or would I be better with a 750? figured I would put this here since you have rode one.
                  How long have you been riding? That might help alot...the R1s and GSXRs are incredibly powerful and extremely fast...its all relative
                  Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

BearKat isn't the only one that likes the look!!! I sat on one at the LBMS and would have taken one home if I didn't know for sure that I'd be divorced the next week!!!
                    I think I'll stay with the 750's though as I'm dangerous enough without a litrebike!! Great writeup dude!!
                    sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                    MSF Rider Coach 27028
                    MoPowerSports.com
                    Torco
                    SoCalTrackDays

Comment

smhholm
                      comfort wouldnt be bad. But. I went from a kat 750 that I put 11k on to the 03 600 gix. That was a big step up. The 6 was an unbelievable inprovement. After 23k on the gix I got this 05. Im having to learn to ride again. This thing is like going from a 50 cc moped to a gp bike. I would make a smaller step up. Actually I did make a smaller step. I wanted the 1k 4 years ago. But knew better. I now finally have one and love it.
                      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

The exhaust looks great. Its just to large. Its like a yosh tri oval but twice the size

katgirl, Ill work on the picks right now.
                        Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

brilliant
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The 05 does have a little oil under it whare i changed the oil to get the casting out of the oil. The 03 has water under it whare it had just got a bath.

Its not a gix. But can you guess whos kat this is

Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Ok. how do i get it to work. Ive got three pics to post.
                              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Working...
                              X