X

Question about clutch lever movement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about clutch lever movement

I replaced my levers with some of the carbon fiber "look" levers from eBay. In the course of this, I broke my clutch switch, but I'm past that now !
    And yes, I'm picking up my clutch switch tomorrow, I've got the connectors jumped with a wire right now.

At any rate, with the rubber cover off of the clutch lever I noticed that the new one did not return all the way. I can still push it back out about 1/4". It rides fine, doesn't slip, catches in the right place, etc. It may have always been like this and I never noticed since I never had the rubber cover off.....then again, it might be new.

The bolt isn't pinching, even with it loosened way up this happens. I greased the pivot bolt and the lever before installing.

So......is this common? Do I need to do anything to fix it? Can I do anything to fix it?

Any thoughts on this one?
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Ever take your sprocket cover off ? Maybe you or someone else didn't put the return spring back where it SHOULD be ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Nope, I've never had it off, but it's possible that someone else has. I don't know the history of the bike (except for the last 2500 or so miles!)

I'll check that out in my manual.

After riding it to work today, I really think it used to return just fine (before I swapped the levers), but now doesn't spring back all the way.

I checked the levers and they are identical (minus the carbon fiber print). On the part of the lever that inserts into the bracket I filed all the carbon fiber print off with a fine file (in the event that .0001mm was causing the problem), sanded it smooth, made sure everything was clean, greased and re-installed. It's still behaving the same way.
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Working...
      X