X

Good Cop experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Cop experience

So I was out riding today after I took care of registration and insurence. It is just barely warm enough to take the kat out. So I'm coming down this big hill and I see the officer parked at the bottom So I take a turn and he follows me for a couple of blocks and pulls me over. I was nervous b/c I didn't know what I had done. He checked my license and said that nothing came up on my plates so he pulled me over to check that out. I had my permit and everything so he sent me on my way after a little convorsation. I guess I've been the only one out on my bike he's seen so far, he said he wished he could be out...must be a rider too. It was just a good experience. Just thought I'd share.

My good experiences are when I zip by cops doing a little over the speed limit and they don't come after me

Comment

I would have told that cop..

"Hey, I pay your F*ing Sallery, not quite bugging me and let me be on my way!!!"

Ok, actually I wouldn't have. I would have behaved in a civilized manner, then told all my friends that what I said.

What city did you get pulled over in?
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I didn't know they were allowed to pull you over "just to check things out". I always thought they had to have a reason to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
          I didn't know they were allowed to pull you over "just to check things out". I always thought they had to have a reason to do that...
          sometimes cops will just make something up if they need to. like, changin lanes without signaling, rolling through a stop sign, etc. but its good that he didn't really give you a hard time.
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

He said he pulled him over because he ran the plate and nothing came back, meaning not owner/registration info. Since she had just registered the bike, it's likely that the plates and info were not yet updated in the computer.

Comment

maybe he was that cop from the Village People and just wanted to check out your "package". It must be pretty boring for him since disco died.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

ohhhh Mojoe
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Technically, they do need some kinda of violation to pull you over for here. The registration thing would be good enough though. Still kinda stupid how he pulled away from where he was at and followed him though.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Last good cop experience I had was when I was way over the speed limit and the motorcycle cop I came up on doing the speed trap just hit his lights once and shook his finger at me. true story
                    "The time has come", the walrus said, "to speak of many things"

Comment

They can do that since I had just registered it. Lou this was in Edina so it was more likely to happen.

Comment

I had a good cop experience...Was coming to work and was going over the speed limit...my bad...not paying attention to my rear mirrors...second bad...and got pulled over...third bad...cop came over and immediately asked me for my license..when he saw that I was legal...he then asked if I knew why he pulled me over...of course I said no...well then he asked me my speed...I told him around 40-50...he said 60...I appologized and he asked me for my registration and proof of insurance...keep in mind he didn't have his ticket book on him at this time...he started asking the questions do you have a warrant, ever been arrested, had any tickets, etc...I answered no...he asked where I was going and I told him work....then he said the best thing...I'm calling you in and if you are clean...you get to go to work...My face lit up like a chistmas tree...He had nothing on me...he called it in and we talked for a while...he told me that they give motorcyclists a little lattitude with speed...I responded because we are targets out there...he agreed...then the call came in...your suspect...He's clean...he handed me my stuff and let me go...what a great day that was....
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          I had a good cop experience...Was coming to work and was going over the speed limit...my bad...not paying attention to my rear mirrors...second bad...and got pulled over...third bad...cop came over and immediately asked me for my license..when he saw that I was legal...he then asked if I knew why he pulled me over...of course I said no...well then he asked me my speed...I told him around 40-50...he said 60...I appologized and he asked me for my registration and proof of insurance...keep in mind he didn't have his ticket book on him at this time...he started asking the questions do you have a warrant, ever been arrested, had any tickets, etc...I answered no...he asked where I was going and I told him work....then he said the best thing...I'm calling you in and if you are clean...you get to go to work...My face lit up like a chistmas tree...He had nothing on me...he called it in and we talked for a while...he told me that they give motorcyclists a little lattitude with speed...I responded because we are targets out there...he agreed...then the call came in...your suspect...He's clean...he handed me my stuff and let me go...what a great day that was....
                          Nice

Once while in the cage, I was pulled over...my parking light/dash light cluster fuse had blown, and being that it was nighttime, I could not tell my current speed.

Cop pulls me over, nice looking fatherly type. I am in a Black firebird, young kid, etc. He asked "do you know why I pulled you over" and I said "was I speeding, because my dash lights are out"

He looked me over, and said, well kid, get those lights fixed, OK? And let me go, just like that. Still don't know how fast i was going though (wasn't too bad).

Another time (again while cagin' it) I ran a red/yellow pedestrian signal. I honestly hadn't seen one in so long that I had forgotten what it meant, and just kinda tootled through the intersection at low speed. (This intersection has the ped signals hardwired in)

He let me go too. I have found that honesty is the best policy, if you try to BS them they'll let ya have it!
                          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

They pretty much pull you over for any reason they please..and if they cant find one, and they're looking to pull someone over..trust me, they'll FIND a reason.

Comment

I don't think Lou likes the police!!!!
                              'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Working...
                              X