X

Murphy's 10 laws of motorcycling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy's 10 laws of motorcycling

10. "Universal" accessories are so named because that is what you must search to find the bike they fit

9. You will never suffer a punctured tire on the road until you leave the repair kit at home.

8. Nothing is harder to start than a used motorcycle being shown to a prospective buyer.

7. The only part you really need will also be the only part on permanent backorder

6. Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.

5. The fact that your keys are still in your pants pocket (or that you haven't fastened your helmet strap) will only become apparent after you have put on your gloves

4. You will not feel the need to go to the restroom until after you have put on your rainsuit.

3. Motorcycles are to yellow bugs as aircraft carriers once were to Kamikaze pilots.

3(b) Yellow motorcycles are to dark bugs as dark motorcycles to yellow bugs

2. The odds of a motorcycle falling over are directly proportional to the size of the audience and of the owner's ego. (Newness and expense of the bike are contributing factors.)

1. A motorcycle cannot fall over without an audience.

Re: Murphy's 10 laws of motorcycling

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
    6. Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    Hey now , my JB Kwik fix of the oil pan lasted more than 2 years , I'll have you know ! Wire ties will hold a long while as well .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Number 5 and 1 I laughed my ass out cause both happened to me once or the other and Number 5 almost always.....my short term memory sucks and that doesnt help with the key thing......LOLOLOLOL

Comment

yeah #5 for sure. Happens all the time
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

number 5 and 8 so true

Comment

+1 on#10.

Comment

Don't forget 'nature favors the hidden flaw'.
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

5! hahaaa
                Hello World.

Comment

4. You will not feel the need to go to the restroom until after you have put on your rainsuit.
                  which also applies to just after you leave ur house for a long ride!

Comment

5. The fact that your keys are still in your pants pocket (or that you haven't fastened your helmet strap) will only become apparent after you have put on your glove
                    Sad but true!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I don't agree with md86 on 6 - it is true, especially for rustholes in gas tanks. Don't ask me about it. (I've fixed the thing 3 times and it's still not leak-free)
                      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                      X