Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody in Florida have a plastic welder I can use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody in Florida have a plastic welder I can use?

I need to do just a few dabs of welding (maybe 4 or 5 sticks max) to clean up a gauge surround and don't relish the idea of buying a whole plastic welder set-up just for that...

For the rest of you (just in case I do get stuck buying one): What brand do you have, what do you like about it, what don't you like about it, and are there any that don't require a compressed air or gas source (I ask because the one at harbor freight requires ones). Oh, and anyone know what plastic the black gauge surround is made out of (the one that snaps into the upper fairing and is black, not the one that actually contains the circuit board & gauges).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

If you don't have a ton to do, don't waste your money...buy a pack of ABS welding rods from eastwood automotive (about $12) and use a 80watt soldering iron. I've done my entire custom front upper with that method as it has worked great. You can bend and twist the plastic and I can't get my welds to crack. Just get a couple scraps to practice on first ad you should do fine,

Comment

www.urethanesupply.com is the place RRC got the one I borrow from him quite frequently. I suppose I'll have to buy one someday... Truthfully, you won't use it just once!
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Geez slipkid got enough bikes or somethin could you help a brother whos down on his luck

Comment

Well, I'd be glad to pass one your way, but I have to charge for it! I'm trying to cash-in to help on a down-payment in getting a bigger house. Please see the bikes for sale section if interested!
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
          X