I think I'm gonna cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm gonna cry

Hi,

I just got a call from my dealer. The insurance company has finally approved everything (only took them two weeks, and me abusing a supervisor over the phone on Friday for them to do something).

Anyway, they rang to ask which finish I wanted on the Yoshi (went for the Carbon). I asked what sort of timeframe I'd be looking at, and they said...

... wait for it ...

3 weeks!!!!!

The bike is already stripped and being worked on, so I think they are just covering themselves in case parts don't arrive in time due to the Easter break. He said it'd hopefully be sooner - he'll ring as soon as it is done.

Bummer. I had a big group ride organised on April 3rd. Looks like I won't make it now.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Sorry man, I hate when that stuff happens. Its a bad feeling when you cant do anything about the situations you get into. Good luck brother.
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

Well maybe if we all pray hard enough for you they will be finished in time for your ride. Good Luck.

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Oh man that sux.. I hate when people take their good ole time like that !! Sorry bro, but we'll keep good thoughts for everything to get wrapped up ASAP.

Comment

Hey, does your insurance company cover a vehicle while you're out awaiting repairs? Most American companies do, and that means -- you guessed it -- a rental motorcycle!

Grinning
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That does suck, but if you can get a rental bike, get a busa.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

A rental bike sounds great!!

I hope you get her back before the ride though.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Thanks for the good feelings people. Normally I'd just ring the wife and whinge to her, but she is doing a motorcycle instructors course so I had nobody to immediately talk to.

This makes me feel better.

Oh, and no rental bike unfortunately Cyber. Good idea though.
                fulcrum (aka David)
                Blue 2004 GSX750F
                Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Maybe Range will let you borry his bike. I am sure he kept the crate. Makes it that much easier to ship!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    That does suck, but if you can get a rental bike, get a busa.

I feel your pain Fulcrum. I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a stinkin' $15 fuel hose. I think they had to go back to Japan and bless the rubber in a temple before they sent it out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Why don't you ask your wife nicely to borrow her bike. Or you ride her bike and she rides pasenger?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

good luck bro
                        i have been tru hell only god can judge me now

Comment

Working...
                        X