Whoa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THAZKAT
    AHF you are a big loser, JUST KIDDING!!
    Dude, I'm feeling great! And the jeans are gettin' loooosa'!

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
      AHF you are a big loser, JUST KIDDING!!
      Dude, I'm feeling great! And the jeans are gettin' loooosa'!
      Awesome, now help me, please? lmao
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Re: Whoa.

Originally posted by NewRider
        You are not actually serious are you? Are you going to include this in your book that you are going to try to sell to new Katana owners?! If your book starts out like this, with basically the exact opposite of all conventional wisdom for ring seating, I tend to not trust the rest of what it might say. For you to release a book, which you hope to be used as a reference, you had better have it peer reviewed by some ACTUAL mechanics, who were formally trained. Getting your information off of the web and message boards can lead to accidental bad recommendations. As is the case with your bad idea for break in procedure. I suggest before you attempt to release a "reference book" you have some actual literary searches done, and some peer reviews if you do not want to be responsible for unsubstantiated information being distributed to people who are unaware of the fact until it is too late.
        Keith, the peer-review is going on now for many sections of the book. These reviews are being done not by traditional mechanics for the most part, but the engineers at various manufacturers (E.G. -- the brake section was reviewed by EBC's race support and sections of it was run by the engineering staff there). SpecialK is also on the review cycle. This is part of the reason the book isn't available yet. Suzuki's technical side is on the peer-review list as well.

Meanwhile, you may want to read my later post further down this same thread where the point I was trying to make was getting the engine up to full temp without excessively loading it repeatedly for short hops with cold oil, not specifically droning along at one set RPM level.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ah, the old "kill 'em with kindness" routine...

er...and yeah, I still love my Kat 8)
          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Hey, if EBC is reviewing and adding to the brake section, I am sure it will be "spot on". I made no comment about the brake section. I made a comment about long droning on a highway as an engine break in. You have now stated three different things as to what to do for break in.

1. Go highway droning for long periods for a break in

2. Vary your RPM's, but go highway riding for long periods for a break in

3. Make sure you don't put it under excessive load with cold oil.

Your first recommendation is 100% the opposite of what the engineers at Suzuki suggest to do. Your second suggestion mentions varying your RPM's, which is a small piece of what the Suzuki engineers suggest. As is the third recommendation, which is not to run it with cold, thick oil.

Your idea of highway long rides still contradicts what Suzuki engineers recommend. Varying RPMs will in fact help your rings seat. But, varying temperatures while breaking in is also key. A long highway ride, even at varying speeds is certain to keep a relatively small temperature range. Getting the engine to temperature, and then having it cool significantly, while keeping under certain RPM recommendations according to Suzuki engineers is what is described. Any variance of this, without support from the said engineers, or anyone with experience in the longevity of the compression values of this specific motor is purely theory. I understand you are writing a reference book, and I was simply pointing out that in such a source for information as you intend it to be sold for, all of your recommendations should be corroborated with experts in the field. You have made mention of this about certain sections, which is the proper thing to do. The point I am making is that the same must be applied to your rationale for engine break in.

Keith

Comment

NOW YOU TWO NEED TO GET A ROOM!!

LMAO

Just break the bike in dammit! It is a awesome sport tour and Keep it at that. I for one as a mechanic hate engineers!!!!! All by the way, how much do you want to bet the engineers get in their benz cage everyday after work
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

good information always comes from a good argument. keep it going guys!
                Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                  Those being interpreted as negative towards CP have met him, and spent some time with him.

Those somewhat defending him haven't.

'nuff said
                  Where did that come from?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                    Originally posted by AHF
                    Those being interpreted as negative towards CP have met him, and spent some time with him.

Those somewhat defending him haven't.

'nuff said
                    Where did that come from?
                    From the fact that NR has met CP and spent time with him, as have I. Those rushing NR because they feel he's attacking CP do not know him and have not met him. There are just other factors involved here that are not known.

Comment

so lets all get together and rock on!!!!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

so lets all get together and rock on!!!!!
                        Don't be fooled...you are a loser!

Comment

I like Pie!!!!
                          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                          MSF Rider Coach 27028
                          MoPowerSports.com
                          Torco
                          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                            I like Pie!!!!
                            I LOVE PIE! That's so mean of you!

Comment

that's fair, I say lets all get new bikes, ride them like we stole them and return them before the waranty is up because if we don't there will be many repairs that will need to be done.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

I like Pie but I LOVE Butter Pecan Ice Creame!!!!!
                                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                                MoPowerSports.com
                                Torco
                                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
                                X