X

Whoa.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK OK OK...

I think everyone is misinterpreting Cyber's word. I agree, hwy speeds are best for break-in, which we all know is done by variation in the rpm range up to the limit for your break-in (3500rpms with most cars). My interpretation of his post was that you go cruise on the hwy and vary your rpms with traffic, not just cruise at like say 5K rpms.
    ---------------

Newriders, it's cool dude, just keep it cool on this board and no flaming (especially of someone we hold pretty highly for his motivation to help others)

----------------
    From my understanding, I thought engine braking (with a low rpm limit of course) was good for breaking in a car...but have no idea for a bike

Comment

So, my answer is what Keith Code says then??
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I seldom ever post, but I try to read as many posts as I can, I for one, think that The Cyber Poet is one of the more knowledgeable people on the board. I know if I need advice that this [katriders]is the place to get it .
        If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Let me rephrase that, If I need advice on my BIKE this is the place to get it. LOL
          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            WOW DUDE, WTH!!!! So Mister Wise One, New Rider? what is your suggestion of proper breakin. I think if you are going to say the things you said to Cyber you should share you idea of proper break. In your right mind do you think there aren't any professional Technicians on this board? How ignorant is that.

Signed> Qualified, Certified, MMI graduate, Selfemployeed, Authorized Technician.
            I am no more qualified than "cyberpoet" to make recommendations on engine break-in, that's the point!! Using hearsay, message boards, and the web as sources and then printing it as a reference is wrong is my point.

You are a certified technician, have you peer reviewed cybers tell all book? If you did, and approved it, adding in commentary, along with other peers, the book would hold a lot more water.

If every suzuki engineer has explicity signed off on a certain break in manner, and "the cyberpoet" who has no formal technical background, contradicts this entirely, I think it needs to be substantiated. What he "feels" is best for the motor goes against everything that conventional (and even uncoventional) wisdom and literature shows. With that kind of claim, it needs a basis or it is simply theory, and must be expressed as so. If he was writing a book that was not directed towards explaining how to do things to people, this would not matter as much as it does in this case.

Keith

Comment

Hey Slightly Deranged! Keep posting...I think your avatar is funny.

Is that your kid?

----------------

I just believe that whatever opinions you have, keep them friendly. We were not defending Cyber cause he was right or wrong, but you being a little 'not-friendly' ....'suzuki katana DISCUSSION forums'

It's cool man, not agreeing with others is how good discussions are born, just keep it real.

Comment

well, first off. Newrider, how do you know cyberpoet is not certified? Also, how do you know if his stuff is just "his opinion"? maybe before trashing someone for what they say you should ask him where he got his information. explain that it goes against what you have heard before and let him reply. if at that point he tells you that this is his opinion then state that he may want to add that fact before giving out advice.
                -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

I know exactally how you feel Macka - I just bought my Katana a week ago, before then, I have only driven a 250cc dirtbike. What a rush! I can't wait to tame this beast.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

stop fighting. that kid in SlytlyDerange's avatar can hear you!
                    Hello World.

Comment

Those being interpreted as negative towards CP have met him, and spent some time with him.

Those somewhat defending him haven't.

'nuff said

Comment

I will drop talking about Cyber and his book til the time Cyber can defend himself. I know there have been many that have read the rough drafts and there is a massive amount of research put into this book. I for one am looking forward to the book. I know that Cyber has spent massive amount of his free time on this and I feel it will be a great book to have for any owner of a Katana.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

AHF you are a big loser, JUST KIDDING!!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

google.com
                            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Simma Dan na! the katana rocks... isn't what this thread is about? Everything CP has said was the exact same thing my mechanic has said... not that my mechanic knows what he is doing :-/. But for serious, I really don't appreciate you just dropping in and trashing someone that has helped me, and many others on the board, so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                                Simma Dan na! the katana rocks... isn't what this thread is about? Everything CP has said was the exact same thing my mechanic has said... not that my mechanic knows what he is doing :-/. But for serious, I really don't appreciate you just dropping in and trashing someone that has helped me, and many others on the board, so much.
                                +2, This is a board of friends and information on our beloved Katana, not bashing others.
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                                X