X

Rode the Kat 1000 miles!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode the Kat 1000 miles!

So I get home yesterday and realize that the odometer says 5198. It had 4198 when I purchased it on June 13th!

Anyway, I made a goal to put 1000 miles on it in a month and made it with 2 days to spare!
    Two goldfish were in their tank.
    One turns to the other and says,
    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Congrat's, hope you log thousands more miles, Stay Safe.

Comment

Congrats!!
      The Armor of God - Never leave home without it!

Comment

cool, now do that in a weekend!
        KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

I will this weekend

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I will have had mine for exactly 1 month on the 13th. I got it brand new with 0 miles on it. I'm about to roll over 2600 miles, prolly this evening.

I really like my bike, it is very comfortable.
            Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Damn.. I'm at 301.2 Miles and I've had my 06 Kat since June 16th (My dealer plates expire in 4 days). I guess I"m just too much of a parking lot rat to go any real distance with it yet. Congrats though, stay safe.
              The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by fixer
                cool, now do that in a weekend!
                I've done 1300 miles straight! Colorado Springs to Birmingham, AL is a long, boring ride.

I just don't trust a vehicle enough to drive really long distances before I've had a chance to test it out a bit. I've had some bad experiences... Honda Civic that made it from C/S to Ocatillo, CA (on the way to San Diego) before dying, had to sell it for scrap. Or the BMW that made it 150 miles, to the middle of nowhere before the hydraulic system for the clutch gave up.

I've never had a (serious) issue with a bike, but I like to make sure there aren't going to be any surprises with everything!
                Two goldfish were in their tank.
                One turns to the other and says,
                "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Working...
                X