X

FINALLY...she is home. (3 large pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY...she is home. (3 large pics)

After waiting for my dealer to get the right color/model combination that I wanted, yesterday I finally took delivery on a beautiful gray 2005 Kat 750.

This bike is awesome.

Picked her up with 1 mile on the odo!

Initial impressions: man this thing is butter smooth compared to my parallel twin Vulcan 500. Seating position is a little different than what I am used to, but not uncomfortable at all. I took her out for an hour today and no real discomfort.

Neutral is tough to find, guess I need practice on the half click. I suppose I got a little spoiled by the Kawi's positive neutral finder system.

This bike turns heads, big time. I roared past a school bus full of kids and there was a sea of faces plastered to the windows. They were lookin' at ME in total awe. Hee hee.

My friends are incredibly jealous. Ha.

I am respecting thr break in period, so I pootled around for an hour, varying RPM and keeping the needle below 6K. Still had a blast and man this thing is pretty quick!

Can't wait till it gets a little warmer outside 8)
    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

nice bike buddy, you should be happy she is a buauty, take care of her !!!!

Comment

Looks awesome, don't see to many grey ones up here.
      Kyle

Comment

Looks great, and the black rims with the gray is sweet.

So, Congrats is in order!!!!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ahh didnt even notice the black rims. Hot, congratulations, you'll love it, I know we all do! Welcome!
          Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Very Nice bike.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

that looks great....enjoy...and don't need to baby it in the break in....just don't "cane" it

Comment

VERY nice!!!! Congrats and enjoy!
                Just wait til the snow is gone!!!
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Now you just gota polish the lip of the rim, and leave the black center. That would look hella sweet.

And remove the Shovel!!!!

I Know, I Know... You JUST got it home...
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Wow that is a nice bike... ....but what's all that white stuff on the ground?? We don't see that in So Cal...
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Very nice, but whats that white stuff????
                      'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Thanks all!

That white stuff is the bane of all northerly motorcyclists

Here in Massachusetts we have just had a record amount of snow, like the seventh snowiest winter on record, including one official blizzard.

As for the bike, ya the shovel is going sooner or later. Also I think the gray will look nice with some clear alternatives

And no, I won't be "caning it" any time soon. Hee hee.
                        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

I...um...hate you.

Pretty bike.
                          Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

Sweet bike...you gotta love the attention we motorcyclists get lol, i even get it on my scooter, i mean my ninja...drive safe and enjoy the hell out of it
                            Take it out and play with it

Comment

Originally posted by Macka
                              Thanks all!

That white stuff is the bane of all northerly motorcyclists

Here in Massachusetts we have just had a record amount of snow, like the seventh snowiest winter on record, including one official blizzard.
                              Yeah but it's all over now. I've been dodging potholes and sliding on sandy roads for the last three days.

Enjoy the new ride. Looks great.
                              '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Working...
                              X