Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What is the hottest temp. that you have been out in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the hottest temp. that you have been out in?

I just thought I'd echo the other thread, but in the other direction...

121 degrees F (August, Chaparral/Mesa, AZ -- the low that night was 92!)
    But it still felt cooler than 104 in Florida does!

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

45 deg cel, don't know what it is in F.
    That was with the humidity though, I think it was 35 without.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Whatever the hell it was in July last year at the Gap. DAAAYYUUMM it was hot.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

About 95 degrees, Humidity was not really all that high though. Man did that feel good.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
          45 deg cel, don't know what it is in F.
          That was with the humidity though, I think it was 35 without.
          45C is 113F. That sounds like a Qld temperature.

As for humidity, that has no effect at all on temperature. Humidity is just the level of moisture in the air. The higher the humidity the more uncomfortable you get because your sweat has more trouble evaporating off your body... as such your body can't cool itself down as efficiently as it would like. But the temperature is the temperature. It isn't like wind chill

I don't mind riding in those temps (well, I didn't with a mesh jacket, I'll have to wait and see with my leather one). The only time I have a problem is stopping at lights and things. While I am travelling the temperature is fine.
          fulcrum (aka David)
          Blue 2004 GSX750F
          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Probably high nineties. We haven't hit the 100's for a few years here. This summer I will probably get some warmer temps as I plan to take the bike for a road trip to the desert in the SW so we shall see how I do.
            I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Well, it all depends if the question was meant for riding in or just being out in. Riding a bike, I have been out in about 100 or so here in North Carolina in August. Man, at that hot you start praying for all green lights going home.

Not on a bike I have been in 120 degrees in JANUARY!! That was when I was in Somalia, Africa. We were about 4 degrees off the equator, and that kind of sun is WAY different. Like Cyber said, at night the low was in the 90's and I was zipped up in my sleeping bag.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

couple times last summer it was hitting 99+ and the humidity was so intense you felt like u just took a steam bath the second u walked outside. Even with a well ventilated lid and jacket, man I was sweltering on my way to work those days ! and then at night it was still a solid 85 alot of times... eeewww !!!

Comment

Re: What is the hottest temp. that you have been out in?

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  I just thought I'd echo the other thread, but in the other direction...

121 degrees F (August, Chaparral/Mesa, AZ -- the low that night was 92!)
                  But it still felt cooler than 104 in Florida does!

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  122 here in Phoenix bro. August is the worst month here. November through April is the best time to be here.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Not while riding but spent may days baking in the 126* saudi desert...
                    add in 90% humidity and that's some serious heat!

Comment

113 Fairfield California
                      Big Cory
                      SBFMC 707
                      2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by BigCorySBFMC707
                        113 Fairfield California
                        like florida, very humid, the biggest thing I hear in Arizona is "IT'S A DRY HEAT" sorry, dry or not 120+ is damn hot!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                          113 Fairfield California
                          like florida, very humid, the biggest thing I hear in Arizona is "IT'S A DRY HEAT" sorry, dry or not 120+ is damn hot!!
                          I've lived in the desert north of Mesa and in Florida... You get hot in Arizona, and the big threat is dehydration. In Florida, it's heat stroke, because in the most humid months your body simply can't shed heat by perspiration (which results in both dehydration from sweating and even more heat build-up because that sweat isn't helping cool you at all). I'd much rather do 120 in Mesa than 92 or above in Florida, any day.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            113 Fairfield California
                            I've lived in the desert north of Mesa and in Florida... You get hot in Arizona, and the big threat is dehydration. In Florida, it's heat stroke, because in the most humid months your body simply can't shed heat by perspiration (which results in both dehydration from sweating and even more heat build-up because that sweat isn't helping cool you at all). I'd much rather do 120 in Mesa than 92 or above in Florida, any day.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            I am the oposite, I can't stand AZ because of dehyfration from lack of water. fluids disappear very quickly here.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

I am the oposite, I can't stand AZ because of dehyfration from lack of water. fluids disappear very quickly here.
                              Here it just pools... in your boots, on your clothes, around your feet. And you don't cool off in the process... At least in AZ it evaporates (leaving salt stains on the clothes, but you do cool down some as a result).

I used to ride my bicycle up that slight incline on East Shay Blvd for 7 miles between Chaparral HS and where I was staying out up against the Indian reservation around Fountain Hills (these days that area is built up -- back then it was about 6.8 miles of desert and 0.2 miles of houses) in August/September. It was in the 110 - 120 range every day. It was rough, but doable. I couldn't imagine trying to do the same trek in Florida's peak summer heat/humidity (thank God most of Florida is flat); it would be more dangerous because the body would run hotter than it did in AZ without the ability to shed heat.

On the other hand, the rest of the year is better here (and the people are friendlier, plus the girls wear next to nothing more of the year -- beachwear, the official clothing of Florida)...

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X