Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What is the hottest temp. that you have been out in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer Florida over Arizona for some of the reasons you gave, I like the fact that you have bodies of water around you to cool off in. I work in the heat here, it sux to say the least. the conditions you discribed are famous out here, so many die from lack of water intake here. To make a 6.8 or 7 mile trek in the desert you have to drink water constantly unlike florida IMO
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
      I prefer Florida over Arizona for some of the reasons you gave, I like the fact that you have bodies of water around you to cool off in. I work in the heat here, it sux to say the least. the conditions you discribed are famous out here, so many die from lack of water intake here. To make a 6.8 or 7 mile trek in the desert you have to drink water constantly unlike florida IMO
      You'd have to drink about 2/3rds of the same amount of water here for that bicycle ride; the other third that you lose to respirational loss of water doesn't occur, but the water lost through sweating still happens -- just without benefit.

Q: So why haven't you moved yet?

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Head to Humid Ohio at the end of April bro. My family is there and work pays good on bikes.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have riden when it was above 100, not sure how hot but hot enough to cause blisters on my forearms.
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

98 deg. in August and stupid me rode to the beach without a jacket. Can you say lobster!

Comment

The hottest was around 98 F, but it gets really humid up here. It was in July. And with the helmet gloves jeans boots and leather jacket I think I came pretty close to passing out at a stoplight on the way home from work.

I had to unzip my jacket completely to let the air out
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

113 degrees in Lufkin, TX a couple of years ago on my brother-in-law's Harley.
                I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Summer of 1980, over 30 days 100+ temps. Rode a CB750 with a Windjammer from Kansas City, MO to Bayonne, New Jersey so it could be shipped to England. First day rode in a tank top (back then didn't know any better) & basiclly roasted myself. Second day wore a jacket & still burned up. Nicest ride of my life was from Springfield, Mass to NJ, left at 0100 & got there about 0600. No traffic, perfect weather. Man, what a ride.

Comment

i think around 98 last summer. it was a relatively cool summer though...
                    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

103-104 degrees, 98% humidity, full gear. The only way to fly! Just don't stop or you'll spontanieously
                      combust!
                      I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

120 Honduras
                        Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
                        Mesh Mod
                        K&N Filters
                        Chrome Decal Kit
                        Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
                        K&S black Bar Ends
                        Sportech Chrome Windshield
                        Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
                        Clear flush signals (front)

Comment

115f. july in fresno. it's a dry heat though. and no, it doesn't stop me from riding.
                          '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Originally posted by StraKat
                            103-104 degrees, 98% humidity, full gear. The only way to fly! Just don't stop or you'll spontanieously
                            combust!
                            yeah, I'd say so.. whew !! unless you're wearing underarmor, I bet you had to peel off your gear after that ride !!

Comment

probably about 98 here in KY. And factor in 96% humidity and it is MISERABLE!!!!!
                              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

114 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Comment

Working...
                                X