No announcement yet.
X

What is the coldest temp. that you have been out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my first bike, an '84 Nighthawk 650, about 12 years ago in March. It was 10 degrees and there was still snow on the ground but the roads were clean and dry. Never been on a bike before in my life. Tried to take off out of the driveway, not enough throttle, stall. Repeat five times. Gave it more throttle, let go of the clutch and shot straight across the road into a snowbank. My dad almost wet his pants laughing. Got the tires cleaned off and went about a mile up the road and back. Even though I was wearing gloves, I thought my hands were going to freeze off.
    I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Nah, I'm so old it's the only way to get a date. Plus I'm also insured of having someone intelligent to talk to.

Comment

This morning it was like 20 I think.
        It was ok until I tried to walk away from the bike and my knees were numb. Dress pants aren't very insulated.
        92 Katana 600 Project bike
        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
          Originally posted by GSX1100FL
          -20, rode for about 15 minutes.

If thats F... then you sir are insane

I pulled about 5 degrees once on my way to work.
          Yes that was F... but that was when I was young & insane, now I'm just insane
          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
            Tried to take off out of the driveway, not enough throttle, stall. Repeat five times. Gave it more throttle, let go of the clutch and shot straight across the road into a snowbank. My dad almost wet his pants laughing. Got the tires cleaned off and went about a mile up the road and back. Even though I was wearing gloves, I thought my hands were going to freeze off.
            that is ffing histerical
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

-22 on the bike for five feet to put her on a trailer.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                Havent seen those temps down in AZ have ya.. u just wait bro, its coming..

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  Havent seen those temps down in AZ have ya.. u just wait bro, its coming..
                  that was the day before leaving Ohio to get to AZ in January
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I've done a bunch of 100+km -5c (23f) rides this winter and one 180km ride that for the last 1/3rd was about -10c (14f) with a brutal windchill, not that windchills make that big of a difference when you're doing 100+km/h on the highway.

Widder 'lectric heated gloves rock.

I wait until late afternoon on a sunny day when the pavement has baked enough to dry the streets in my subdivision, which I naively figure suggests the main routes will be in even better shape. So far so good.
                    "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik
                    00 Blue VFR800, '99 Blue Katana 750

Comment

34 with pouring down rain . not fun at all
                      Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

I got my bike out of storage on Saturday it was about 38 out but it was not that cold so I thought I would get some lunch & to my surprise it was raining like crazy so it is now a little colder, raining & I have a 45 min ride home & that's if I do 100km down all the back roads. It was not as bad as I thought it would be because about 10 min into the ride I could no longer feel my legs or hands. When I got home I was soaked so I decided to take a nap but the worst part of it was that I was so cold when I started to warm up my legs started to burn but all I have to say is it was so worth it & I would do it again if I had to.

Comment

Not sure of the temp, but it was mid-January in Chicago, my best guess on the actual temp is pretty damn cold. I was numb all over by the end of my ride.
                          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

35 that was cold
                            i have been tru hell only god can judge me now

Comment

if you are talking riding, then it would be about 26 commuting to work about 50 miles. My hands went completly numb with gloves on
                              Corys alter ego

Big Cory
                              SBFMC 707

Comment

18 f is the lowest. Iv learned to make it above freezing. black ice would be bad. it was 35 when i got hom at 3 saturday morning.
                                Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                                6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                                5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X