Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever drop your bike at a stop light/sign ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never dropped a bike at a light or stop sign, but once stopped on a long ride to grab a smoke and the girl who was riding with me leaned against the bike from the kickstand side and knocked it over, cost me a mirror and a turn signal.

Another time at Little Sturgis Bike Rally, I was on a buddy's 1100 Shadow with new paint, new chrome, new windshield, etc etc etc and some ass started doing a burn out on gravel directly in front of me. I started backing the bike up getting to the side so I could get out of the way of the flying gravel. My foot slipped on the gravels and the bike starts going down. Im fighting it trying to keep it from dropping. For what seemed and eternity, the bike keeps getting closer and closer to the ground, the exhaust is burning my leg, and all I think is please do let me mess up Easy's bike.

At just the last second someone rus over and helps me set her up right. I look over and see a guy I went to high school with that I hadnt seen in over 10 years. Talk about a sight for sore eyes!!
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

ooops. all I was thinking was please do NOT let me mess up Easy's bike.
      If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Yep, rode a CBX (brand new) home from Chicago in a freezing rain (mid March). Hit my home town and my feet were frozen to the pegs. Luckily, I had the big engine guards on it so nothing got hurt except my ankle which was under the bike. Since it was around midnite even the local LEOs were asleep (small village, not even a town)
        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
        MSF Rider Coach 27028
        MoPowerSports.com
        Torco
        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

i have amost a couple of times
          i have been tru hell only god can judge me now

Comment

Parked it at work and almost dropped it. Did not have the side stand fully extended. I managed to catch her but almost gave myself a hernia doing it. Now I always double check the stand before I get off.

Comment

Working...
            X