Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever drop your bike at a stop light/sign ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During my first summer riding I somehow got an untied shoe lace. Well after a hundred plus mile open freeway run with no shifting gears or really anything I come up to the stop and go to take my foot off the left peg and it is stuck! my shoe lace had blown all around the peg and needless to say I came to a stop and panicked and the bike fell over on me. Embarassing but leared a lesson about shoelaces.. Always triple tie and tuck in the shoes. Imagine if that woulda got in the chain. There goes my foot.
    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

I've dropped mine at a stop sign once. Started to pull out when a car came out of a parking spot, stopped and forgot to put feet back down
      Keith Paton
      Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
      13 GSXR750

Comment

Originally posted by bigpapac
        During my first summer riding I somehow got an untied shoe lace. Well after a hundred plus mile open freeway run with no shifting gears or really anything I come up to the stop and go to take my foot off the left peg and it is stuck! my shoe lace had blown all around the peg and needless to say I came to a stop and panicked and the bike fell over on me. Embarassing but leared a lesson about shoelaces.. Always triple tie and tuck in the shoes. Imagine if that woulda got in the chain. There goes my foot.
        thats another reason why you should have riding boots, no laces!
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

i had to get under my seat once at a light, and i was on a downhill incline, and went to put the kickstand down and get off and she started tipping over, but fortunately, i caught it. i was about 8 inches away from the pavement....my adrenaline was going, thats pretty much the only reason she didn't bite the dust.
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I had that happen before as well, quite awhile ago. fortunately I yanked my foot off the peg real hard and the shoe lace tore and I saved it w/ inches to spare b/4 it hit the road.

Comment

Soccersteve is right about the adrenaline. I got off my bike after I pulled it in teh garage and was kinda disoriented. I thought when I got off that the bike was level but it was actually leaning to the right. When I got off it started going and the only way I could stop it was to jump to the other side and jam the handl bar into my leg. Still nursing my leg and my pride.
              Once you think youre past all the squid stuff......thats when it happens
              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Once you think youre past all the squid stuff......thats when it happens
                So true.

I've never dumped it per se, (I have had a get off) but I came really close to it once when I was making a U-Turn. See, I was turning in the middle of a residential city street - on a hill - and when I turned, I managed to get both of my wheels in that area where the street and the curb meet. Follow?

Anyway, since water had been and was still running down that little area there was algae growing there.

Slicker 'n sht.

My back wheel started to spin like crazy, but I wasn't going anywhere and everything sorta went sideways. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to have the presence of mind to put my foot down, take my hand off the throttle and stand up all without thinking. That was also kinda scary on account of the fact that my bike was at this weird angle. It's funny how you can go from being totally relaxed to holding this 400 pound weight with one hand in a matter of milliseconds.

God, I love riding.
                Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

I realized that I have a water leek near my garage after finding the bike leaning against a table with the kick stand thrugh the pavement ( washed out the soil)
                  Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    no i havent dropped a bike yet, and i say yet for the fact that everyone does
                    Neither have I! In fact, I don't know a single person who owns a bike and hasn't gone down on it or dumped it in a parking lot, etc.... I just figure it was meant to be sitting on the two rubber things, so why bother tipping it over? I doubt I could lift the damn thing up again anyways!
                    FrankenKat 1216
                    GS Fiter 816
                    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

around 6pm at local busy intersection

stepped on oil stain, lost my balance.....

when my kat was only 10 min old, odo reading 0002.....

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                        I had that happen before as well, quite awhile ago. fortunately I yanked my foot off the peg real hard and the shoe lace tore and I saved it w/ inches to spare b/4 it hit the road.
                        Guilty , and lesson learned . Riding boots have no laces , though ...
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I fell over in a Dunkin Donuts with Kim on the back. Bike was 2 days old. Came to a stop in a parking spot, put my foot down in anti-freeze and over we went.

My buddy dropped his Busa at an T intersection. It lurched forward, he thinks he may have been on a rock or sand or something.
                          Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Atleast if you were at dunkin donuts, there had to be cops around in case you needed emergency help

It's just the sickest feeling in the world when you drop a brand new bike like that. I did it, 2 days old or so as well.. man I was just nauscious! Hit a patch of soft tar on the road, at about 5 mph, and the rear end just went right out.

Comment

Sitting at the top of a steep hill, waiting to turn right - forgot I had just picked up my daughter and had her on the back - tried to pull out too fast, and with the extra weight didn't open the throttle enough, the wheel was turned to the right, it stalled, felt it going, nearly wrenched my shoulder from it's socket trying to hold it up! but the weight was too much, luckily I managed to hold it for quite along time so it slid to the floor rather than crashing - a few scratches from the tarmac plus wounded pride! (drove straight home and cried!) Got the crash bungs fitted the following week!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                                Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                                Guilty , and lesson learned . Riding boots have no laces , though ...
                                I have a pair of riding boots with laces !!!

I came close to dropping it my old GS 500 at a stop sign once. I was waiting for traffic to clear when I got hit from behind. The drunk behind me failed to see me and thought he'd push me into the intersection. I'm greatly suprised that I didn't let the clutch out and go down. I worked with the drunks wife, she didn't talk to me for a month after that.
                                Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                                Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                                X