Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever drop your bike at a stop light/sign ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever drop your bike at a stop light/sign ?

I can't say that I've ever done this, fortunately. Ive come close a few times back in the day. And I noticed a guy on the way home last nite, at a stop light, who was pulling out and stalled it, and didnt get his feet back down in time, and came THIS close to dropping it on the road. Fortunately he was able to save it, and himself from alittle embarrassment sitting there in traffic.

Happened to my Dad once at a stop sign. He had just started riding and so wasn't completely familiar with the dynamics of sitting on a stopped bike. Long story short, he stopped on an incline, and turned the handlebars, and lost balance...over she went.
    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

no i havent dropped a bike yet, and i say yet for the fact that everyone does

Comment

my buddy did it with may katana that i just sold hime with brand new paint and chrome engine covers. all ruined.
        NEVER rub another man's Rhubarb

Comment

I didnt drop it but it was CLOSE. I was approaching a light, wasnt thinking, and started braking in the center of the lane. Front tire washed out and I immediately released the brake and put my right foot down. and saved it........Lesson learned!!! Never brake at a redlight , in the center of the lane. Oil, A/C droppings, and many other nasty slick things gather in the middle for a party...
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

nope. But I have experienced how slick painted lines can be when wet. Foot slid out a little, but didnt really come close to going down
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I never have, but some ladies i was riding witrh last summer did...a domino effect. The one beside me almsot took me with her, but I managed to sort of shove her off of me.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'd admit it. It has happened to me. Was in traffic where the stop lights are like 400 feet apart. One light turns green. All cars hall butt. second light still red. All cars come to complete stop. I lock up brakes to avoid hitting car in front of me and drop bike. Luckily no damage was done but I sure was pissed.

Comment

I have never dropped any of my bikes at a light or sign but a copule of times while getting on one of my bikes my foot got hooked on the seat & over we went, no damage.
                  I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I have had a drop, but never at a stop sign or stop light.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I dropped it stopping in a parking spot at Wal-Mart *sigh* no damage though.

Comment

came close in my line one time and on a off ramp
                        "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

I never have dropped at a light or stop sign...I have however came out after entering a store, with my old Virago, and see my bike laying on its side. At First I thought who knocked my bike over....but as i got closer i noticed the kickstand shoved all the way into the asphalt. After that I always put it up on the center stand...and with my Kat i make sure i park it in the shade, if possible, to avoid that from happening again

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                            nope. But I have experienced how slick painted lines can be when wet. Foot slid out a little, but didnt really come close to going down
                            around here the lines are on the road are actually raised up slightly, and slippery as all get out. Ive done the same thing. man u put ur foot down,and woops!!

Comment

Stop sign. Very drunk, riding my sportster chopper. Don't do THAT anymore (drink...)
                              My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Working...
                              X