X

I was bored so I installed a garage door remote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was bored so I installed a garage door remote

So today I was bored and decided to install a built in garage door remote.

For my project i needed a small button, some wire, a remote, solder, and a soldering iron.

The first thing I did was to take apart the remote. Luckily my remote uses a 12v battery so this is a very easy project. After you take it apart soder wires to the battery leads, make sure + goes to + and - to -.

To wire it into the bike I used the running light. I did this so that the remote would only work when the bike is on.

Now I picked out where I wanted the button to be.

Now the button is on and it works.
    Attached Files

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

nice job, I have mine wired to the yellow pass switch. works like a charm.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Nice work!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302
        nice job, I have mine wired to the yellow pass switch. works like a charm.
        which switch?

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

I wish my garage door opener was 12v...LUCKY!
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
            I was surprised that it was, I did a double take.

Comment

My door opener is a 3v. I just wired the pass switch to the opener button, but yes it still works without the key in the ignition.
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302
                My door opener is a 3v. I just wired the pass switch to the opener button, but yes it still works without the key in the ignition.
                Eh, wire it up anyway; 12 divided by 3 equals 4. I believe it will open 4 times faster.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

WOW

I never thought about doing that, good idea!

Comment

I wish that I had this much time to "f" around with something creative.
                    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Being in the garage door business I find this interesting. Kinda cool if you ask me, but just a question here... Wouldnt a keychain remote, like you have, surfice? I mean you have to take yer hand off the bars to push the button either way, no?? Nevertheless, I like it.. I'm currently working on a a universal remote for my bike that will open up 3-types of openers(different brands) and have it located near your foot area. All you'll have to do it move your foot up, or back and click the switch. No taking yer hands off the bars. Just an idea I'm tooling with..

Keep up the good work and innovative ideas, it's what makes this place what it is !!
                      -=Peace

Comment

Well since my driveway is long I'm out of the street and barly moving when I hit the button so it's not that big of a deal, but I see what you are saying.

The problem with the key chain was that it would open the door when it was in my pocket.

Comment

Thats why I put my "keychain" remote on my keys

Comment

Originally posted by AzCyco
                            then it rubs your tripple tree

Comment

Originally posted by AzCyco
                              I did, but when I would put the keys in my pocket and walk into my house the door would magically open.

Comment

Working...
                              X